Author Topic: Where Can I Look For Census Information Cape Town Circa 1940  (Read 1199 times)

Offline AuntyGene

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Where Can I Look For Census Information Cape Town Circa 1940
« on: Saturday 30 March 13 12:11 GMT (UK) »
Hello

Can anyone help me find more information on the following person?  I am assuming that he will be on censuses taken after his arrival in 1935.

His name was Wilfred Dodd, he was born in 1911 in Cadishead, Irlam, Lancashire.
Father was Frederick Dodd and mother was Mary Ellen Dodd
Wilfred left England by ship from Southampton on the 21st June 1935 to Cape Town
He married some time after to a Bronwyn ?  The had a son called Michael Dodd and it is thought that he lived in the Orange Free State. It is known that Wilfred flew back to England a few times but I know we cant check that, only ships records.

Any info on Wilfred would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Aunty Gene

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
Re: Where Can I Look For Census Information Cape Town Circa 1940
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 30 March 13 14:36 GMT (UK) »
No information on individuals is available from any South African Census. Once the required statistical information was extracted they were routinely destroyed.
Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk