Author Topic: BRADY/BUGGY AND EGAN/STAPLETON - Derrybrock, Vicarstown, Queen's Co.  (Read 5402 times)

Offline Kingseat

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
BRADY/BUGGY AND EGAN/STAPLETON - Derrybrock, Vicarstown, Queen's Co.
« on: Sunday 31 March 13 06:47 BST (UK) »
Looking for descendants of:

Michael Egan & Julia Stapleton m Oct 1865, Stradbally.  They had 5 children, Patrick, Mary, James, Michael Jr. and John.  In 1901 they were living in 3 Derrybrock although Julia had died and Patrick left home.

Michael Egan/Eagan Jr went to the UK. My mother-in-law is directly related to him and we have his full UK history.

Also looking for descendants of:

James Brady and Anne Buggy m Nov 1859 in Stradbally.  They had 5 children, Edward, Owen, Maria (aka Anna Maria, Annie or Hannah), Henry and William.  In 1901 they were living in 2 Derrybrock but James had died, leaving Anne a widow.

Maria Brady went to the UK and married Michael Egan Jr.  Boy marries girl next door.  They are the grandparents of my mother-in-law.  UK family history is known.

I think some of the Egan and Brady's remained in Co Laois and would love to trace them.  In the 1911 census, William Brady had married his girl next door (4 Derrybrock), Maggie Curran.  Owen Brady was living at 2 Derrybrock with his wife Elizabeth and baby daughter Annie.

In 1911 the census shows Michael Egan Sr. and 2 sons James and John still living with him a 3 Derrybrock.  His daughter Mary lived there too, married to John Scully.  They had 2 children, Michael and Johbn Scully.

All families mentioned were Roman Catholic and the majority were born in Queens County.  My mother-in-law and her sister are visiting Athy, Stradbally and local addresses at the end of April beginning of May this year (2013) and it would be great to find some family connections.

We'd also like to know where our ancestors are likely buried.

Many thanks,

Denise
IRELAND - Co. Tyrone - Curran Donnelly Dowdell McCafferty Trower.

Offline Jack2227

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BRADY/BUGGY AND EGAN/STAPLETON - Derrybrock, Vicarstown, Queen's Co.
« Reply #1 on: Monday 01 April 13 13:39 BST (UK) »
Moynna would be the local cemetery.

There are Brady-Buggy(Buggie)-and Stapletons interred there, but I did not find any Egan records.

The records are available from (*)
=====
Jack
http://www.genealogylaois.com

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php