Author Topic: Francis Walker  (Read 5484 times)

Offline crtwrs

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Francis Walker
« Reply #9 on: Friday 24 April 15 20:29 BST (UK) »
Thanks m1i9k5e6, Have not done much research on the Walkers for over a year, thanks for the information. You would be a distant cousin to my wife. I am just going through my files to refresh my memory. I am not absolutely certain that all my information is correct, process of elimination were George senior is concerned.
cartwright,foulkes,pierce,ames,gaines,jones,knowles,wood,davies,roberts,evans. edwards, jennings ,king  Flintshire,Denbighshire,Wales,Cheshire,Lancashire,Yorkshire, Oxfordshire, Suffolk,Dorset England
cartwright,ryan,townsend,williams,heather,bruno,larpenter,lannan,carril.New York,Suffolk County,Long Island,Colorado,USA,Ontario,Toronto,Canada.
Burdon And Bolam,Durham and Northumberland

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline crtwrs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 25 April 15 11:30 BST (UK) »
Thank you dobfarm much appreciated
cartwright,foulkes,pierce,ames,gaines,jones,knowles,wood,davies,roberts,evans. edwards, jennings ,king  Flintshire,Denbighshire,Wales,Cheshire,Lancashire,Yorkshire, Oxfordshire, Suffolk,Dorset England
cartwright,ryan,townsend,williams,heather,bruno,larpenter,lannan,carril.New York,Suffolk County,Long Island,Colorado,USA,Ontario,Toronto,Canada.

Offline metwo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 06 June 17 21:52 BST (UK) »
I have recently found this family from our matches on DNA with a descendant of Francis Walker.  I was in Wales, Yorkshire two weeks ago and spent the day with a Walker there descended from Francis.  We are also stuck at Francis who married Sarah Spencer but it seems that the Walkers were so entrenched there, that he must have also been born in Wales or nearby.  We visited the church and cemetery where the Walkers are buried.  How do you descend from Francis?  I am working with two direct descendants and am related to you all by Y-DNA matching.  I am also new on RootsChat so hope I get notification of responses.
Walker, Dodd, Slaughter, Harrison, Wynne, Little, Duncan, Witcher, Hemperly, Chappell, Malone, Sharman, Manley, Stallings, Irvine, Van Hook, Foster, Cathcart, Powell, Rucker, Langston, Word, Templeton, Owens

Offline crtwrs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 06 June 17 22:52 BST (UK) »
Hi metwo, Francis Walker is my wife's 5 x great grandfather. Her late father's mother was Dorothy May Walker born  31st January 1903 in Upperthorpe, Killamarsh, Derbyshire, England. She was Christened on the 8th March 1903 in Killamarsh, Derbyshire, England Daughter of Frank Bernard and Adelaide Walker. Killamarsh is on the Yorkshire /Derbyshire border a few miles from Wales. My wife's father made visits to Killamarsh up until about 10 years ago and I expect and believe distant relatives of my wife still live in the area although not in contact with them. We actually live in North Wales and my wife's father left the area just before WW  2.

Offline metwo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 07 June 17 19:26 BST (UK) »
Hi crtwrs,  this Walker family is growing rapidly.  It is a DNA match to Group 2 of the Walker DNA project.  The immigrants to this group came to the states in mid 1600's so I doubt we will ever be able to tie together the common ancestor of Francis Walker and the American descendants.  But maybe some of this Group 2 will have come over from a later branch so much genealogy to do here.  The Walker I visited in Wales, Yorkshire lineage is:  (Joseph Walker may not be the correct son as there were several sons of Francis who had sons named George, but we are certain of the last three generations) 
Francis Walker  b ca 1740   married Sarah Spencer, Wales, Yorkshire, England
Joseph Walker (?) b 1772 Wales, Yorkshire, England  d. 1849 
George Walker b. 1823, Wales, Yorkshire, England d. 10 July 1902, married Eliza Walker b. ca 1825 d. 9 Dec 1902
George Walker  b 1850, d.  31 Aug 1930, married Mary Elizabeth   d. Feb 18____  age 38
Harold Walker  b 1900, d Jan 1975, buried St. John’s Church, Wales, Yorkshire, married Lavinia? May (Walker),  b. 1902, d. March 1998   age 96

We could identify the graves of the last three generations in the cemetery of St. John the Baptist in Wales.  How does you wife fit in to this pedigree?
Walker, Dodd, Slaughter, Harrison, Wynne, Little, Duncan, Witcher, Hemperly, Chappell, Malone, Sharman, Manley, Stallings, Irvine, Van Hook, Foster, Cathcart, Powell, Rucker, Langston, Word, Templeton, Owens