Author Topic: Parduvine Farm - BORTHWICK / DONALDSON  (Read 15241 times)

Offline lornal6

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Parduvine Farm - BORTHWICK / DONALDSON
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 18 May 16 10:31 BST (UK) »
Hi i maybe off the track here but reading your post has left me with a question i am researching Richard and Margarets son James our line state he is my Great great Grandfather the issue i have is that the mother of our line was not Mary but Hannah i know through different sourcing that james when he  married hannah 1877 in London area was widowed but she was a spinster but  had 3 boys all surnamed stewart birth registration as stewart between the years of 1868 to 1872 which leaves me wonderingxx

Offline franh1946

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 18 May 16 11:31 BST (UK) »
Hi Lorna16. James may well have moved south after the death of his wife Mary, who was dead when James junior (born 1859) married Eliza Wylie Thomson in Edinburgh in 1880. James jnr and Eliza sailed for Queensland  in 1882, with daughters Agnes and Mary (my grandmother) so it would be quite possible that James snr travelled south with the young family who sailed on the Duke of Buckingham on 19 December 1982. What a shame I didn't ask Mary more about her grandfather James.Too late now!
What’s Hannah’s name and the names of the boys? Fran
Leadbetter North Meols
Tyrrell  and Shettle Hampshire
Cope Wolstanton
Rice New York and Sydney
Pidgeon County Wexford
Smail and Cochran Berwickshire
Worling and Harrop Cambridgeshire
Happ Eltville
Harrop and Shettle Suffolk

Offline lornal6

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 18 May 16 11:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Fran thank you for your reply the lady in question who i have managed to confirm as our paternal Great Great Grandmother is a Hannah Cheasley the 3 boys are the eldest is William Henry Stewart  who is my Great Grandfather Albert Stewart and Frederick John Stewart it is me trying to understand are these James Stewarts boys its been a 5 year battle thinking that Hannah wasnt their mother and a missing census which i have just found on that it says william and albert as cheasley but the birth registrations are showing up as stewart....xx

Offline lornal6

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 20 May 16 14:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Fran
i am hoping you can tell me or help clear something up i have now got 2 questions to ask what year did Mary  pass away and i have come across that James had possibly middle name of Browne Stewart is this ringing a bell or cropping up in your findings of the Stewarts because another family member who is researching has come across another possibly marriage of which is putting more questions into my head as to what is going on..lornalxx