Author Topic: LIDBURY  (Read 2069 times)

Offline Lidfam

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
LIDBURY
« on: Tuesday 09 April 13 22:04 BST (UK) »
Hi. I am researching the Lidbury name, worldwide, and would appreciate any info, especially if you have documentary evidence, on anybody with this name. Variants are typically Lydbury and Ledbury. Thankyou.

Dale Lidbury  (Bristol UK)

Offline Swampy23

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: LIDBURY
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 23 October 22 14:37 BST (UK) »
I am hoping you may be able to help me.
William Lidbury = there are 2.  1 x born c1699 Warminster, Wiltshire 1 x born 1694 Berkley, Somerset.
Both married in Beckington in 1724.   1 x 6th Aug 1724 to Margaret Mills. 1 x 4th Feb 1724/5 to Mary Moss. I have searched and cannot find a father,s name or any clues as to which William married who.
Is there anyway of finding out? Searched on Ancestry, Freereg, Familysearch no clues. Regards Jean

Offline Lidfam

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: LIDBURY
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 23 October 22 18:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Jean. Thankyou for your message. I do have masses of information on the Lidbury families of Somerset and Wiltshire, but I do not seem to have the baptisms of either of the Williams, 1694 Berkley or 1699 Warminster. I would be very interested to know your source material for these. I do have both of the William's marriages in 1724, but like you have no clue as to the parents. I do have a note in my research though, from another researcher,  that William Lidbury married Mary Moss at Beckington, the son of Thomas Lidbury and Sarah Adams. Thomas and Sarah were married at Berkley 5.7.1694 , and Thomas was baptised at Warminster 31.1.1664.
The William that was born in 1694, is therefore probably not their son as Thomas and Sarah were only married in July that year (although not impossible of course), so if my fellow researchers information is correct, it is more likely to be the 1699 William that married Mary Moss. I do hope this makes sense, and sorry not to be of more help.
                     Dale