Author Topic: Charles Twigg Yeomans Milward b1883  (Read 4924 times)

Offline Nimchimpsky

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Charles Twigg Yeomans Milward b1883
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 10 April 13 13:55 BST (UK) »
Much appreciated again avm228, many many thanks.

I had noticed the spelling of Grey/Gray in my search. Glasgow also appears to be the birthplace of Rosina (which rules out an Irish connection) ... but Rosina's extended family do have Irish roots.

You're a star avm228 ... sincere thanks.

Kind Regards
Nimchimpsky

Offline Deirdre Webber

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 31 July 13 08:02 BST (UK) »
Find use of iPad virtually impossible so another try! My father John Alfred Milward born 1885 joined the army in 1899 mother Ann twigg Steventon listed as stepfather brother Charles at Wolverhampton orphanage and sister cissie with address unknown.  I believe that Cecilia known as cissie in the family had gone to Australia she finally settled in Canada surname Barton. It cannot be a coincidence that her marriage to mr Steventon led to the break up of the family.  Ann reverted to milward and lived most of her last years with my parents and died in Leeds Yorkshire in 1943 my father died in August 1944 hope this gets through and is useful. My father was always known as Fred and was in touch with Charles they even played chess by mail!

Offline NorCal66

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 07 April 23 04:06 BST (UK) »
Hello!  I just came across this thread by typing my maternal grandparent's names into Google.   I'm grateful to come across this research.   CTYMilward and Rosina Grey who ended up in California and passed away in the 60's are my Mother's parents.   They passed before I was born.   It appears that this conversation is an old one, but if anyone is still on this page I'd like to say thank you!