Author Topic: Illegitimate/adoption?  (Read 2011 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Illegitimate/adoption?
« Reply #9 on: Friday 12 April 13 17:13 BST (UK) »
If you scroll down you will find interesting reading on Birth Registration:

http://www.ramsdale.org/grobirths.htm

You've been absent AghaD......Have you brought a note  ;D

Welcome back ;)

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline bluegirl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Illegitimate/adoption?
« Reply #10 on: Friday 12 April 13 18:00 BST (UK) »
Okay thanks I will check out the link

I have tried every margaret or anyone with initial M but we dont have year of birth yet.  Since posting link I made a bit of headway....turns out for generations the whole family were non conformists (I'm Roman Catholic...curiouser and curisouser!) and I found my g/g/grandfathers records in the non conformists listings and they all appear to have been linked to the Countess of Huntingdon Connexion demonimation at the Zion church in Margate!   I could not find any of the children but they all were born after 1837 so I managed to find most of them on bmd register indexes.  Will need to pull a few birth certificates but would prefer to get the parish records...  Does anyone know if there are non conformists records after 1836?   
Sandwich:  SCOTT, EPPS, COCK
Margate:    SCOTT, COOPER, GRIGGS
Ramsgate:  COOPER
Canterbury: SCOTT, COOPER
Hull:           SCOTT, JENKINS, MEEKIN