Author Topic: How to find a birth with little info - huge brickwall  (Read 3456 times)

Offline baltibluebird

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: How to find a birth with little info - huge brickwall
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 13 April 13 22:25 BST (UK) »
Yes I take your point thank you that he might have not been his brother.

I dont think I can go any further with the other witness, Eliza Smith as it would be like looking for a needle in a haystack.  I could check marriages between Horton and Smith and vice versa and also Swinnerton and Smith and vice versa but I doubt that will be fruitful.

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 17 April 13 02:39 BST (UK) »
Checking the original PR for the marriage might give up his original parish; it might also pay to check if there are any banns records available. Mind you, it still might be a case of "of this parish", which could mean he was there for a couple of weeks at least.
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Offline baltibluebird

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 17 April 13 08:03 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately Birmingham Archives is closed until September so the original is unable to be checked.  I have confirmed with the fellow RC who advised of the details from a cd that the Parish wasnt given on the cd.  I had also wondered whether there were any banns but due to the closure I dont think I can progress any further at the moment,  I will ring the local LDS later and ask them whether the film referred to is available and when it might be available.  Thanks for your assistance.