Author Topic: COUCH family, Luxulyan Cornwall.  (Read 11136 times)

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
Re: COUCH family, Luxulyan Cornwall.
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 20 April 13 08:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve,

I think that is too late. Ann was listed as aged 60 in 1841 therefore I would expect a birth between 1776 and 1781.....but anything is possible.

Pity we can't find her in 1851.

Cheers Kris
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Steve63

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 06 May 13 07:35 BST (UK) »
Hi, I have been very busy over here but have been doing some digging around in my spare time. We can safely assume that the children of James Couch and Ann Stodden, Hannah, David, Agnes, Joseph, Maria and James are the siblings of my ancestor William Higman Couch and my digging has found the following, (un verified). Hannah Couch married Walter Dawe at St Dominic, Cornwall, on 1/6/1823 and the children from that marriage were, Benjamin Dawe, B25/1/1824 St Dominic Cornwall, Richard Dawe B4/12/1825.
David Couch married Harriet McPherson 18/6/1832 at St Neot, Cornwall.
We know some of this one, Joseph Mannel Couch married Elizabeth Adams Adams, 24/3/1842 at St Lanlivery, Cornwall, children are, Ann Adams Couch B16.3.1843 Lanlivery, Jane Adams Couch B16/11/1846, Lanlivery, William Goldsworthy Couch B1/1/1846, Calstock, Maria Higman Couch B5/2/1850 Lostwithiel.
James Couch married Ann Short Warn, 4/3/1847 at South Hill.
child of Joseph and Elizabeth, Ann Adams Couch married James Riddle at Cardingham, 8/1/1861, children, William Riddle B30/3/1862 at Cardingham, Elizabeth Riddle B13/9/1863, Cardingham, James Couch Riddle, B18/11/1864, Cardingham, Ann Riddle, B13/4/1866, Cardingham, Maria Higman Riddle B13/10/1868, Cardingham, Joseph Mannel Couch Riddle B29/11/1868 at Cardingham. as I have already said, all this looks good but is un verified, regards, Steve63.

Offline corbyguy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 01 May 16 20:22 BST (UK) »
I descend from William Jenkin and his wife Honour Barrett Lawrence through their son Alfred (1815)

Regards

Jamie

Offline Steve63

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 02 May 16 10:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Jamie,
Good to hear from you, are you in England or out here in Australia. Your ancestor Alfred would have been the brother in law to my ancestor William. William and Emma live on North street Fowey for a time and try as I might, I have not been able to find out the number of the house which would have made it interesting as my wife and I were in Fowey in 2013 and walked along both North street and Fore street, (the Jenkin family lived in Fore street), but just being on the street was interesting. In your researching of the Jenkin family, have you turned up any references to the Couch family. 
Regards,
Steve Bartlett.