Author Topic: Help with my GG Grandmother  (Read 9736 times)

Offline MargP

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Three generations
    • View Profile
Re: Help with my GG Grandmother
« Reply #18 on: Friday 10 May 13 11:37 BST (UK) »
Hi

On the death certificate for Margaret, does it give her date of birth, on one of the tree's on Ancestry it  gives Margaret F Brokenborough date of birth as the 11 March 1879

Margp
Hi,Do you have the DC for Margaret, to check if the date's of birth match
Family History is a Pandora's box if you don't like what you see find a new hobby,only concentrate on the proven facts and not the facts you think you know.
Jenkins, Radnorshire. Herefordshire, Canada
Coley Dudley.
Baston, Cleobury Mortimer.Wolverhampton
Parker Stafford.
Hammond/s Wolverhampton.Shropshire
Duckworth Cheshire.
Proud Walsall.Proud Cape South Africa
Horton Darlaston.
Stanton Walsall.
Tudor. Radnorshire
Pittaway. Droitwich

Offline Neil Todd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "Oportet vivere"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 10 May 13 11:40 BST (UK) »
A Sarah McCusker was born in 1851 no details as to where though. Ref # V18511916 68/1851

This would have made her age at marriage in 1873 only 22 not 40. Father was Cornelius Mother was Ellen.

Now this fellow had some stamina his name on the next birth (if his) was Constantine Cornelius McCusker and he had a son John in 1880 at Tamworth ??? with wife Ellen who must have had a few grey hairs by then.

Maybe I am a bit ODD if I dont get my Teaas some think, BUT. I wonder if the name Brokenborough is actually

BROCKENBROUGH. Which if translated means Broken Branch. The family tree creaks under the weight of its broken branches. HMM ::)

Neil ;)

Grewl,Nickerseens,flombastion,Everheads

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 10 May 13 12:00 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

Neil's raising some good thoughts there !

I wonder if there's conflicting or confirming information on an official transcription of a birth in 1877 at Walgett for a George BROKENBOROUGH, son of George and Sarah ....  NSW BDM #22025.

Official transcriptions arrive by email, and are cheaper than the real deal cert, but have same info.

http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/familyHistory/howToTraceYouFamTree.htm   

Do we know/suspect which denomination for the likely 1873 marriage at Maitland?   

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 10 May 13 12:16 BST (UK) »
Well, I can confirm that on the NSW Electoral Roll for THE GWYDIR, for 1878, and listed in the Walgett Police District, there's  ;D  ;D
George BROKENBOROUGH, (qualified because of) residence, Namoi River.
Frank McCOSKER, (qualified because of) residence, Llanillo.

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 10 May 13 12:31 BST (UK) »
A Sarah McCusker was born in 1851 no details as to where though. Ref # V18511916 68/1851

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XTDL-WZ4

I think this link gives a match to the baptism that Neil has found.   BUT whether that is the Sarah who married George Brokenborough at Maitland in 1873 or thereabouts ....  We haven't confirmed that as yet....

So, that baptism is recorded in NSW BDM Vol 68  ;D

"Roman Catholic  1840-1855   Vols. 61-72"
http://www.records.nsw.gov.au/state-archives/guides-and-finding-aids/short-guide-4/short-guide-4

Perhaps Sarah married George in the same Church as she had been baptised in?   

IF we find Sarah's marriage indexed at NSW BDM, I would NOT be rushing off to purchase the real deal cert.   NSW BDMs from that era usually are full of blanks.   Here's a thread I did up about how to overcome the blanks (which include the names of the parents of the bride and the groom, where the bride and the groom were born, and all the vital info to confirm you have the 'right' bride and groom)....    Even if we don't find the NSW BDM reference for that 1873 marriage, with a bit of outside the square thinking we could at least establish the likely RC church in the Maitland area for the marriage.   The clergy's name will be on the Early Church Record at NSW BDM for that baptism.  (Please don't spend money on that real deal document either, but perhaps an official transcription will have sufficient info typed up on it to help).

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,546609.0.html

Cheers,  JM

Cheers,  JM

Offline mandy241005

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 10 May 13 12:40 BST (UK) »
Margp
[/quote]Hi,Do you have the DC for Margaret, to check if the date's of birth match
[/quote]

I do have the death certificate for Margaret but it has no Birth date it just states she was 84yrs at death.

Thanks,
Mandy
Cooper----
Hume------
Hayes-----
Scotson---

Offline MargP

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Three generations
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 10 May 13 16:44 BST (UK) »
Hi

"Fathers Details - George Brokenborough, Carrier, age 52, born Wiltshire England"

"George Davis's occupation. On the marriage certificate it states her fathers profession as being a Carrier."

So both the George's had the same Occupation

Margp
Family History is a Pandora's box if you don't like what you see find a new hobby,only concentrate on the proven facts and not the facts you think you know.
Jenkins, Radnorshire. Herefordshire, Canada
Coley Dudley.
Baston, Cleobury Mortimer.Wolverhampton
Parker Stafford.
Hammond/s Wolverhampton.Shropshire
Duckworth Cheshire.
Proud Walsall.Proud Cape South Africa
Horton Darlaston.
Stanton Walsall.
Tudor. Radnorshire
Pittaway. Droitwich

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 12 May 13 03:00 BST (UK) »

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XTDL-WZ4

I think this link gives a match to the baptism that Neil has found.   BUT whether that is the Sarah who married George Brokenborough at Maitland in 1873 or thereabouts ....  We haven't confirmed that as yet....

Some bits and pieces, perhaps totally unconnected, and perhaps best just set aside IN CASE there’s a connection found at some time in the future, hopefully leading from the discovery of the 1873 marriage for Sarah and George AND the full details that the clergyman recorded in his parish register.....

Remember Sarah McCusker, baptism  28 Aug 1851 RC West Maitland (daughter of Cornelius McCUSKER and Ellen nee GALBRAITH) …

1848 NSW BDM Early Church Records MARRIAGE
Constantine C MC CUSKER and Ellen GALBRAITH marriage   vol 33B line 514 (C of E, Scone district)

Well, from the 1870 NSW for WEST MAITLAND.   (Females not eligible to enrol until 1902)
William Hamilton GALBRAITH, Abbott St, West Maitland, freehold,

W H GALBRAITH’s deceased estate (Sydney) at NSW SRO index shows death 14 Jan 1882, with Probate granted 8 March 1882.   NSW BDM ref. 87/1882 (ie “87” suggesting early in 1882) has William H GALBRAITH death with parents as William and Mary J.  death registered Sydney.

;D  ;D  ;D  Could he be related to Ellen Galbraith?

1864 marriage registered MAITLAND, Wiliam H GALBRAITH and Sarah ROBINSON NSW BDM ref 2391   

:)  :)  :) Sarah ..... was this lass the person George's wife Sarah was named after?

1895 marriage for Thomas,  a child for MCCUSKER’s ….. https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XTZ6-ZJW

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-663-11230-765-46?cc=1532172&wc=M9MT-HQ1:n1778219221

McCUSKER passenger list for Runnymede Aug 1841 http://srwww.records.nsw.gov.au/ebook/list.asp?series=NRS5316&item=4_4788&ship=Runnymede

Cheers,  JM

Offline muss

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 12 May 13 05:52 BST (UK) »
Hi 
William  Hamilton Galbraith not related, Parents of Ellen are Matthew Galbraith and Sarah Carter.
Matthew Galbraith died 1868 Paterson
Sarah Galbraith nee Carter died 1885 Tighes Hill ( Newcastle) at the home of her son my Great grandfather William Galbraith  died 1892 Newcastle
 there are a lot of trees on the net
Muss