Author Topic: Churchyard Cemetery - Holy Trinity in Weston Herts  (Read 918 times)

Offline JohnsonDE1953

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Churchyard Cemetery - Holy Trinity in Weston Herts
« on: Friday 19 April 13 20:30 BST (UK) »
Hello Everyone:  Does anyone know how to find out who is buried in the churchyard at the Holy Trinity Church in Weston Hertfordshire?  I am specifically looking for William Johnson, born in 1778 and died in January of 1827.  I have tried to search the internet for a reference to the burials, but cannot find anything.  I can see some photos of the church and there is clearly a cemetery on the grounds, but I cannot find a link to contact anyone.  thank you

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Victor is very ill, this account will close soon.
    • View Profile
Re: Churchyard Cemetery - Holy Trinity in Weston Herts
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 20 April 13 06:29 BST (UK) »
Hi,
William JOHNSON was buried at Holy Trinity, Weston, Herts on 8th January 1828, aged 48.
Victor
HARVEY, Guiting Power, Glos                     
PORTER, Gunmakers of Whitechapel
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway

Offline JohnsonDE1953

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 20 April 13 13:19 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the prompt reply, Victor.

Indeed, the William Johnson buried in January of 1828 is my ancestor.  I had to review the parish document again as I initially thought he was buried in 1827, but on closer inspection, I see that it was January of 1828.  Do you happen to know the protocol of visiting the graveyard?  I am planning a visit to England in September from Canada and would like to visit this site.  Do visitors have access to the graveyard? 

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Victor is very ill, this account will close soon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 20 April 13 13:45 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I can't help you out about visits, but I am sending you a pm with an email contact for All Saints, Weston.
Victor
HARVEY, Guiting Power, Glos                     
PORTER, Gunmakers of Whitechapel
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway