Author Topic: Le Boutillier  (Read 5779 times)

Offline velcro

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Le Boutillier
« on: Saturday 20 April 13 05:47 BST (UK) »
Elizabeth Carrel Le Boutillier (spelling varied) baptised 29 March 1791 St. Brelade, Jersey, daughter of Jean Le Boutillier and Susanne Carrel.  She died 5 November 1859, St. Helier, Jersey.
She married three times:
01 Sept 1808 to Joseph Pierre Abreo from La Roche, Pitha, Portugal; dtr Elizabeth Matilda
21 Feb 1827 to Joseph Quanto from Vannes, Morbihan, France; 3 sons Joseph Quento,George Francis Quento and Yves Quento.
08 Oct 1836 to George Cager from St. Helier. son George Cager b. 1821 Jersey Channel Is.
Looking for birth and death records of her spouses,childrens birth & death records, marriage records to Joseph Pierre was 1 Sep 1808 unknown place(? Channel Is).Where Elizabeth Carrel was buried in St Helier. Any census records with her and place of residence in St Helier, please.

Cheers
Velcro

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Le Boutillier
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 20 April 13 08:06 BST (UK) »
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline la grande-méthe

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 20 April 13 12:23 BST (UK) »
Looking at the census returns raises a few concerns.

In 1841 she is shown with George Cager, a painter aged about 20. This makes a birthdate of c1821 and that is the date you have for the birth of her son George. This would put his birth before those of her Quento offspring. Is it possible that her 3rd husband George was some 20 years younger than she was?
Also in 1841 Yves Quanto aged 12 is in the same household as Elizabeth and George. Yves appears in the Jersey censuses through until 1891 and in some of them he is Yves Joseph but always born 1829/1830 - I think Yves and Joseph are likely to be the same man.

In 1841 Elizabeth, George and Yves are living at Troopers Yard, St Helier
In 1851 Elizabeth is living in Winchester Street with Elizabeth Matilda (French) aged 38 born in Portsmouth and widowed, Joseph/Yves aged 22 and granddaughter Eliza Adelaide French aged 20.

Offline velcro

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 20 April 13 13:04 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your queeries.

Have Elizabeth Carrel Le Boutiller ch. 29 Mar 1791 St Brelade Jersey. married 8 Oct 1836 St Helier Jersey George Cager b. St Helier Jersey date? died? Eliabeth died 5 Nov 1859 St Helier Jersey. 1841 & 1851 census a School Mistress.

George Cager b. 1821 Jersey maybe the child of George Senior previous marriage?

Cheers
Velcro