Author Topic: Ronald Harvey  (Read 1130 times)

Offline poirot

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Ronald Harvey
« on: Saturday 20 April 13 21:00 BST (UK) »
I am looking for information on Ronald & Dorothy Harvey.

Ronald was born 9th Dec 1920 in Lancashire, England. He emigrated to Canada on 14th June 1952.

He is listed aboard the Atlantic sailing from Southampton to Quebec and his occupation was a painter/decorator.

I have found him on the Voters lists for 1968,1972 & 1974 living at 1374, Collingwood Ave, London, Ontario with his wife Dorothy.

Also found him in the Canadian phone books 1995-2002 at the same address.

As Dorothy was not with him on the ship, I am wondering if he married her in Canada and if he died in 2002.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Cheers,
Poirot
brown,henshaw in cheshire,berry,dowding,phillips in gloucester, littlejohn,arkle,nicol in aberdeenshire.

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
Re: Ronald Harvey
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 20 April 13 23:52 BST (UK) »
Here is a link to search results of the Obituary Daily Times website. There is an obituary listed for Dorothy (Boug) Harvey in the London Free Press on 17 Jan 2004:
http://www.rootschat.com/links/0tly/
There are instructions at the site on how to order a copy.

Also here is a link to a picture of Dorothy's grave marker at Mount Pleasant Cemetery in London:
http://geneofun.on.ca/names/photo/33288
Ronald's name and birth date are also listed but no date of death.

Ontario privacy laws restrict access to marriage and death registrations to next-of-kin for the time frames you are looking for.

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline poirot

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 21 April 13 16:19 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much Jacquie for those leads.

I have emailed Mount Pleasant Cemetery to ask if they will check their records for Ronald. It is possible that he could still be alive at 93 or died and the stone not updated.

Is there any way I can find when Dorothy Boug & Ronald Harvey married? None on the research aids go anywhere near the 1950's.

Poirot
brown,henshaw in cheshire,berry,dowding,phillips in gloucester, littlejohn,arkle,nicol in aberdeenshire.

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 22 April 13 04:23 BST (UK) »
Hopefully Mount Pleasant Cemetery can help you. I noticed that the date stamp on the photo is 2008 so it is possible that he has passed away since then.

As I mentioned Ontario privacy laws restrict access to BMD registrations. I think your best bet to get a marriage date and the names of any children would be to get a copy of Dorothy's obituary.

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline poirot

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 02 June 13 22:44 BST (UK) »
Just had a reply from a very helpful lady at Mount Pleasant cemetery informing me that Ronald Harvey died 13th August 2009.

Cheers,
poirot