Author Topic: RootsChat is coming to Motherwell - Lanarkshire Family History Show 24th August  (Read 6376 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: RootsChat is coming to Motherwell - Lanarkshire Family History Show 24th August
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 24 August 13 20:59 BST (UK) »
I've just noticed that my name has been mentioned. Honest injun, I was a bit perplexed by Sarah saying her aunt had mentioned Jungle juice (in Motherwell!)  but I suggested Skin So soft  ;D ;D ;D

Glad you all had a good day  :)

I'm up here in the far North West  and have been bitten rotten by those nasties while sorting some stuff out in my studio AND before that we drove 50 ml round trip to get some smoked salmon - tis mad we are  ::)

The Ullapool Museum is going to re-open in the Autumn and it seems that we have thwarted an odd group who want to introduce average speed cameras on the A9  ::) ::)

Me  ;D   :-*

PS - Tom, I do hope you kept off the Morangie  :-X
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: RootsChat is coming to Motherwell - Lanarkshire Family History Show 24th August
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 24 August 13 21:18 BST (UK) »
it seems that we have thwarted an odd group who want to introduce average speed cameras on the A9  ::) ::)

Haven't seen that - brilliant ::) ::) ::) - daftest idea of the decade, that.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline tidybooks

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 25 August 13 09:28 BST (UK) »

Glad you all had a good day  :)
PS - Tom, I do hope you kept off the Morangie  :-X

Hi Gadget,

Had a good day, felt very hoarse at the end of the day, and I must admit to having a few medicinal Morangies to recover my voice. Why does my head hurt when I only took it for medicinal purposes.

Tom
Scotland - Buchanan, Thomson, Pat(t)erson, Stewart, Ritchie, Tracey
Ireland - Tracey, Conroy, Pat(t)erson.

Offline tulipwindmill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 25 August 13 17:38 BST (UK) »
Hi,I was there with my mum.That's how I am here today.Spoke to a dark haired fellow,would that be you then Tom? Was admiring the photos,loved the one with the legless footballer and the aircraft and crew. Great day.Glad we went.

Angela

Offline RJ_Paton

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Cuimhnichibh air na daoine bho'n d'thainig sibh
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 25 August 13 20:19 BST (UK) »

Hi Gadget,

Had a good day, felt very hoarse at the end of the day, and I must admit to having a few medicinal Morangies to recover my voice. Why does my head hurt when I only took it for medicinal purposes.

Tom

That's just to let you know the medicine was working  :D

It was nice to meet you Tom I just wish I could have spent more time both at the Rootschat display and at the fair in general.

Offline tidybooks

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 25 August 13 20:31 BST (UK) »
Hi,I was there with my mum.That's how I am here today.Spoke to a dark haired fellow,would that be you then Tom? Was admiring the photos,loved the one with the legless footballer and the aircraft and crew. Great day.Glad we went.

Angela

That I think was Trystan, I was the grey-haired one with glasses.

Tom

Offline tidybooks

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 25 August 13 20:46 BST (UK) »

That's just to let you know the medicine was working  :D

It was nice to meet you Tom I just wish I could have spent more time both at the Rootschat display and at the fair in general.

Falkyrn,

It was nice to meet you also, I did not get the time to have a long discussion, but great to put a face to the name. Hope to meet again.

Tom

Offline tulipwindmill

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 25 August 13 20:56 BST (UK) »

That I think was Trystan, I was the grey-haired one with glasses.

Tom
[/quote]

Ah,ok.I don't think you were there at that point lol

Angela

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 25 August 13 20:59 BST (UK) »
Knowing how these things go...Tom was likely off refreshing his voice and mind  ;D

Monica...who is so sad she wasn't there too to be able to put faces to names etc.  :'(
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk