Author Topic: duffy/fagan  (Read 1021 times)

Offline will1890

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
duffy/fagan
« on: Tuesday 23 April 13 13:14 BST (UK) »
hi, im looking for any information on margaret duffy,,,,, from dublin,,, her father was william duffy and mother was margaret duffy,,,,,,,,, i just dont know what year she was born ,,,,,,, im guessing 1920s because i know sometime before 1947 she married and became margaret fagan,,,,,,,,,, my grandfather (william) on his pension book from the army around 1920 he has two children ,,, one of these could be margaret,,,also on the 1911 census of dublin william and margaret are married 1 year and have no children and liven on faithfull place dublin if this helps.............

Offline grizzly1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: duffy/fagan
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 23 April 13 16:53 BST (UK) »
hi will, faithful place was in dublins nrth inner city centre, it was part of the famous 'monto' area.
you may be lucky in your family search as there are still families in the area that go back to the early 1900s, its still a close knit community..i know there are families of fagans still living there that go back to the 1920s.
churches of interest in the area would be the pro-cathedral, or later 'the tin church' of our lady of lourdes on sean mc dermott st.
i have sent you a private message.

Offline will1890

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: duffy/fagan
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 23 April 13 22:10 BST (UK) »
sent u a private message,, . pro cath church malbourgh st is were my grandfather parents were married and were he was baptised