Author Topic: Northamptonshire baptism look-up - Corby parish. Thomas BURGESS about 1812  (Read 3591 times)

Offline seahall

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • https://5bravemen.weebly.com/
    • View Profile
Re: Northamptonshire baptism look-up - Corby parish. Thomas BURGESS about 1812
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 25 April 13 09:42 BST (UK) »
Their burials at Corby.

Corby P.C.

Pg. 11, No. 86
Samuel Burgefs, Cooper, Corby, May 9 1819, aged 72

Sandy
Census Crown Copyright

Offline seahall

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • https://5bravemen.weebly.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 25 April 13 09:45 BST (UK) »
Corby P.C.

Pg. 16, No. 122
Mary Burgefs, Widow, Corby, December 23d 1821, aged 73

Sandy
Census Crown Copyright

Offline bermyboy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 25 April 13 12:04 BST (UK) »
Wow!!  I've just returned from Anzac Day services and drinks, and find a ton of great information, all of it pure gold. A big thank you to David & Sandy.
I feel sure that the info found refers to the same tight family group.
I hoped the marriage of Thomas & Letitia was in Corby, but suspected that it may also have been in London or Norfolk. For anyone else who may have a connection with this lot, I can add that Letitia was baptised as Lettis Riches in Great Poringland,  Norfolk, daughter of John & Mary Riches ( a common name in the Norfolk/Suffolk border area, though rare and almost unheard of elsewhere) on 27 Sept 1767. I tracked her to Northants by a bequest left to her son Thomas by her brother Henry Riches in his will of 1847 (Norfolk sources via Norfolk Library Service). There was also a bequest to another nephew, Henry Riches Coles of Weedon, Northants, his mother Susannah being the sister of Letitia.
Why or how they ended up with Northants husbands, or why she is stated as being of Hardmarstone(sic), I may never know. I guess this may refer to Harlestone or maybe Hardingstone, both in Northants. 
I shall close his thread now, but again a big thank you for the info and advice. What a great introduction to Rootschat ; Wayne