Author Topic: FIDLER Checkendon 1901ish baptism  (Read 1400 times)

Offline Vicwinann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
FIDLER Checkendon 1901ish baptism
« on: Friday 26 April 13 20:23 BST (UK) »
Hello
Does anyone have access to Checkendon registers, please? I have a copy of the fiche from OXFHS but it is so faint that it is unreadable. I am looking for the baptism of Ivy FIDLER, dau of Thomas and Rosa, in 1901ish. Any other mention of Fidlers might also prove useful although I  think they were only there for a few years
Thanks.
Vicwinann
Sellwood Berkshire Oxon Lancs Wilts; Cassell Berkshire and Guildford; Leighs Guildford and London; Saunders Portsea, Greenwich and Deptford ; Austin Cookham; Osgood Berkshire; Dack Norfolk; Darling Berkshire and Mapledurham; Wilkins Englefield Berks; Havenhand Derbys; Whileman Derbys; Reedman Derbys, Notts, Australia, Africa; Rottenberry Deptford and Devon;

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
Re: FIDLER Checkendon 1901ish baptism
« Reply #1 on: Friday 26 April 13 23:12 BST (UK) »
Hi,

No sign of a baptism for Ivy in Checkendon, I'm afraid (Oxon FHS CD).

Almost 20 others, all in the 1800s with the last one in 1867. None in the 1900s. If you'd like any of those, can you narrow down the timescale please?

Jill
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline Vicwinann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: FIDLER Checkendon 1901ish baptism
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 27 April 13 02:40 BST (UK) »
Thank you for looking Jillruss.
The 1911 had her as born Checkendon but obviously not baptised there.  Her parents and older siblings were there in 1901, but by 1911 they had moved to Bradfield.
The family originated in Hampstead Norris.
Vicwinann
Sellwood Berkshire Oxon Lancs Wilts; Cassell Berkshire and Guildford; Leighs Guildford and London; Saunders Portsea, Greenwich and Deptford ; Austin Cookham; Osgood Berkshire; Dack Norfolk; Darling Berkshire and Mapledurham; Wilkins Englefield Berks; Havenhand Derbys; Whileman Derbys; Reedman Derbys, Notts, Australia, Africa; Rottenberry Deptford and Devon;