Author Topic: HEIGHWAY  (Read 3943 times)

Offline yerffej

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
HEIGHWAY
« on: Friday 26 April 13 22:57 BST (UK) »
Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me with this...my grandfather emigrated to Australia in 1951 He died in 1967 in New South Wales I believe he is on the electoral roll in 1963 in Bondi and there is another Heighway with him? I have no other record of him since he left the UK and am wondering who the other Heighway is or was? As far a I know my grandparents did not divorce before he left the UK Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance....

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
Re: Heighway
« Reply #1 on: Friday 26 April 13 23:33 BST (UK) »
There is a marriage for him on NSW BDM http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/ in Sydney in 1962

regards,
  Ros

By the way if you are considering getting his death or marriage cert then transcriptions are cheaper and they send by e-mail http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/familyHistory/howToTraceYouFamTree.htm
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: HEIGHWAY
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 27 April 13 01:21 BST (UK) »
Is this the birth and full name of your G.father?

Births Mar 1889   
Heighway  William Walter   at   Bridgnorth  6a /582

Sue   
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 27 April 13 01:40 BST (UK) »
Sue I think his age was 37 when he arrived on 1 feb 1951 on the Strathnaver

cheers,
   Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 27 April 13 01:42 BST (UK) »
Passengers on the Otranto, arriving Sydney 26 Dec 1946 (ex Tilbury Docks)  include Mr William and Mrs Margaret with your person’s SURNAME.   You have your grandfather migrating in 1951…. Thus I am suggesting that there’s more than ONE family with that surname with the same given names as your enquiry and living in NSW in the 1950s,

So  it is possible that you are inadvertently naming LIVING persons…   

Here’s the RChat link re the policy for Living Persons .  http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,368728.msg2632620.html#msg2632620 

Please see the passenger arrivals index at the National Archives of Australia at this link:

http://www.naa.gov.au/collection/search/index.aspx  (Passenger arrivals index does NOT include all the passenger arrivals to Australia, but it is a good place to start looking for migrants).

May I suggest you edit your opening post to remove the name of the female please, as you have not confirmed that she is no longer a living person

PS I have checked Ryerson Index and cannot see likely Margaret death/funeral/probate announcement indexed from popular NSW newspapers 
http://www.ryersonindex.org/

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 27 April 13 01:48 BST (UK) »
This death notice mentions a person of the correct name whose mother was  MARGARET (LEGGE) ACOTT (father Frank ACOTT whose sister the notice refers to)
I think this may be the future bride of HEIGHWAY and perhaps, like her mother she had the middle name LEGGE

CREW (nee Acott). — On the 11th July, at Vimy House, Emily Ann, loved only sister of Frank, sister-in-law of Peggy, beloved auntie of Helier, John, and Margaret Acott. (Privately cremated.) (English papers please copy
The Argus (Melbourne, Vic. : 1848 - 1957) Saturday 17 July 1937

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 27 April 13 01:59 BST (UK) »
Re the possible Victorian connection--

The mother was registered to vote in Victoria , first appearing in 1931, married to FRANK ACOTT who was a gardener in South Yarra

Details of the couple are available.

Her birth name was FARRANT and she and FRANK married in ENGLAND

Marriages Jun 1922   
 ACOTT    Frank to Margaret L  Farrant at Lewisham
 1d/2202

Sue

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 27 April 13 02:03 BST (UK) »
This couple died in Victoria

ACOTT Margaret
Father Farrant Samuel
Mother Maggie  LEGGE
Death Place CAUL
Age 85
Year 1975
Reg 8439

ACOTT Frank
Father Unknown
Mother UNKNOWN
Death Place FITZ
Age 69
Year 1964
Reg  24126

Sue

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 27 April 13 02:07 BST (UK) »
This chap died in Victoria

Hellier Francis ACOTT aged 27 died in Victoria in 1954.  Vic BDM ref #11794 

Cheers,  JM

CREW (nee Acott). — On the 11th July, at Vimy House, Emily Ann, loved only sister of Frank, sister-in-law of Peggy, beloved auntie of Helier, John, and Margaret Acott. (Privately cremated.) (English papers please copy
The Argus (Melbourne, Vic. : 1848 - 1957) Saturday 17 July 1937

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.