Author Topic: HEIGHWAY  (Read 3946 times)

Offline ~MERLIN~

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: HEIGHWAY
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 28 April 13 15:03 BST (UK) »
Eastern Suburbs Memorial Park:

William HEIGHWAY age 54yrs cremated 13-11-1967 - Ashes Scattered.

http://www.esmp.net.au/search-map-facility/crematorium-search.aspx

Offline ~MERLIN~

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 28 April 13 15:19 BST (UK) »
His wife remarried after his death I have PM'd the names.

Offline Maggie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 21 October 13 01:46 BST (UK) »
Just to fill in some more of the gaps.   William Walter Leslie Heighway was born 30/3/1913 and did return to Australia in 1951 and eventually remarried but died of Heart Failure 9th November, 1967 leaving a wife and 2 sons aged 3 & 5.    From that marriage there are now 6 grandchildren aged 21 down to 10 yrs.
As both sons and grandchildren never knew him this is all new information to them but the youngest granddaughter aged 10 stumbled upon Rootschat and showed her father who sent it on to me his second wife.
I hope that this information has helped as you sound desperate to trace the elusive grandfather who has been dead 46 yrs and I can understand this.

Offline yerffej

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 24 October 13 13:38 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the information Maggie. I have tried to send you a private message but dont know if you have received it. I never knew my grandfather. I have no photos and very little information so thanks for clarifying things. I was born in 1967 the year he died. I am the son of his daughter Phyllis Jean Floyd (nee Heighway) Unfortunately both my mother and her sister are now deceased so there is no one else to ask about him. Can you let me know if you have received my message please. Thank you :)

Offline Maggie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 24 October 13 22:02 BST (UK) »
That is sad to hear, we realise today how much genetics are involved in our health etc., did your Mother & her sister Cynthia die of heart problems?? it appears they were not very old when they died?   Can you let me know the health side of your family? 
Do you have any siblings and also were any children born to your mother's sister Cynthia?
I also passed these details on to your 1st cousin Dorothy who lives in Liverpool (she is the only one I know of the family) and I notice she posted a lot of history on Rootschat and has many old photos. Do you have any knowledge of Geoffrey Heighway who I met and he has/had twin daughters  I have photos but they are not old like Dorothy's.   I corresponded with your Grandfather W.W.Heighway a couple of times before he died in 1962 but that was the year my 1st son was born so he never learned he had a grandson to carry on the name.   I will try and hunt out some old photos but not sure how they are sent, I see there is an attachment option!    I'm glad to fill in some gaps for you,life isn't always straightforward and I think the war caused a lot of upheavel in peoples lives.   Cheers, Margaret

Offline Maggie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 24 October 13 22:03 BST (UK) »
Yes Jeff, forgot to mention I have received your messages.   Margaret

Offline Neil Todd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "Oportet vivere"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 24 October 13 22:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Margaret welcome to Rootschat the very best place to find ancestors. ;D

Please be aware that this is a public forum and as such it is always best not to mention anything about living people. You never know who is watching. Thats where the personal messaging system works best, you can exchange anything about your family there.

All the best with the reunion.

Neil
Grewl,Nickerseens,flombastion,Everheads

Offline Maggie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 24 October 13 22:18 BST (UK) »
Hello Jeff,   I have just read the message from Neil and because this was a new page thought it was private page of messages between us but apparently not so I had better be more careful with my replies.   Regards, Margaret

Offline Neil Todd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "Oportet vivere"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 24 October 13 22:24 BST (UK) »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

Neil ;)
Grewl,Nickerseens,flombastion,Everheads