Author Topic: HEIGHWAY  (Read 3947 times)

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: HEIGHWAY
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 27 April 13 02:17 BST (UK) »
The Argus (Melbourne, Vic. : 1848 - 1957) Thursday 14 October 1954

http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/23440741?searchTerm=" acott" +hellier&searchLimits=l-category=Family+Notices

Death notice for HELLIER names his wife.

His brother JOHN ERIC also died young, in 1964.

Both were cremated at Springvale and are memorialised at the same location.

Sue

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 27 April 13 02:40 BST (UK) »
This is the death of the sister of FRANK for whom the death notice was published (listed above)It gives parents’ names unlike FRANK’s ;D

CREW Emily Ann
Father Acott Jas
Mother Rebecca  JARVIS
Death Place MELBNE
Age 49
Year:1937
Reg 6006

Offline ~MERLIN~

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 27 April 13 07:48 BST (UK) »

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 27 April 13 10:29 BST (UK) »
Thanks Merlin .....

May I please ask some questions of Jeff

:)   Did you obtain the official transcript of the dc (as per the info posted on that earlier thread), and if so, does it confirm that was your chap?   

If so, from that dc
what occupation,
how long in Australia,
what marital status (married/divorced/single),
where did he usually reside ....

:)  I find it unusual for an adult British Subject to migrate to Australia in the early 1950s and yet NOT be found on the electoral rolls until the mid 1960s .... They were NOT required to become Naturalised Australians, and as British Subjects they were eligible to enrol after being in Australia for twelve months ! I know that from the mid 1920s it was compulsory to enrol for all British Subjects born in Australia aged 21 years and over.   The chap at Bondi in 1963 .... his occupation was "home duties" .... and I have not found him on any other ONLINE electoral roll....  ??? so it is somewhat confusing to me ....

Do you have any family papers (letters/cards etc) postmarked 1960s from Bondi NSW to support the notion that that ER entry is your chap?

Cheers,  JM

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 27 April 13 12:07 BST (UK) »
I am afraid that either of the certificates purchased, (marriage or death ) will contain untruths. It seem if the stories are to be believed, William had things to hide.
However, I do think either the marriage or death cert needs to be bought before any certainties can be reached.

Sue

Offline yerffej

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 27 April 13 18:11 BST (UK) »
Thankyou all for your replies It has been a couple of years since I originally started my research so thankyou for adding the link to my original post. I dont have much information on my grandfather at all but here is what I do have:

Birth: William W L Heighway
Year of Registration: 1913
Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun
Mother's Maiden Name: Powell
District: West Derby
County: Lancashire
Volume 8b
Page 1220

Marriage:
William L W S Heighway. Lubeck. Apr-May-Jun 1940 Liverpool
Phyllis Lubeck. Heighway. Apr-May-Jun 1940 Liverpool

Emigration:
William Walter Leslie departed from London 1st Feb 1951, on the STRATHNAVER of the P&O line. He was a fitter, calculated year of birth 1914. To Sydney Australia intended to remain in Australia.

Death:
Record of Death William Walter Heighway. New South Wales 6467/1967 HEIGHWAY WILLIAM WILLIAM WALTER UNKNOWN SYDNEY. Note William Walter was also given as father's name, mother's surname unknown.

His wife died aged 77 in Liverpool in 1988 as Phyllis Heighway.

The William Walter Heighway born 1889 was his father.

I do have his marriage certificate to Phyllis Lubeck which contains the following details:

Date: 15th June 1940 Marriage solemnized at The Register Office District of Liverpool South in the County Borough of Liverpool William Leslie Walter Heighway, Aged 27, Bachelor, Motor Mechanic, 40 Leopold Road, Liverpool Father: William Walter Heighway, Ministry of Labour Clerk Phyllis Lubeck: Aged 19, Spinster, Confectioners Shop Assistant, 40 Leopold Road, Liverpool Father: Philip Lubeck, Seaman Merchant Service Witnesses: A Kirk & E Smith

His father's sister was Florence May Heighway emigrated to Australia in 1914 and married Charles Alfred Saunders in 1922. I do have their marriage certificate also..usual place of residence Paddington and marriage in Waverley NSW

Also in 1922 his grandmother Martha Heighway emigrated to Australia (the year Florence got married)

Hope this information helps as I dont think the William living in Bondi could be the right one after all :(

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 27 April 13 23:54 BST (UK) »
I dont think the William living in Bondi could be the right one after all :(

Well, without a certificate of either marriage or death,  you may never know.

I doubt you will find more on the public record due to the recent time-frame of events.

Best of luck for now.

Sue

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 28 April 13 01:42 BST (UK) »
May I support Sue’s comments, and add some of my own.

Thank you for removing the name of the person who may well still be living from your opening post.  Just like your elusive grandfather, that NSW based person would also entitled to the lawful expectation of privacy of the individual.   

The information on NSW BDM death certificates includes not just the person’s name, age, occupation, usual address, marital status, names and ages of children, parents names and that type of family history info, but also other vital information, for example it includes the funeral director’s information (burial, cremation)  the medico’s details (cause of death etc).  While the info about the deceased family is based on the knowledge of the informant that is provided at a time of grief, the info about where buried can often lead to finding the Inscription on any memorial plaque/headstone/footstone or recorded in the burial register for that cemetery.

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline yerffej

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 28 April 13 09:35 BST (UK) »
I am going to order the death certificate and hopefully that will fill in a few gaps Thanks for all your help  :)