Author Topic: William SMITH married 1867 Pilliga, born Brisbane, parents.. John & Isabella?  (Read 5137 times)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William Smith married 1867 Pilliga, born Brisbane, parents.. John & Isabella?
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 28 April 13 09:59 BST (UK) »
Sure enough a Tree I have access to on Genes Reunited shows that Isabella was indeed a sibling of my George Donald.Isabella shows as born 13/12/1829 in Hillbrae,Rothiemay Banffshire.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Neil Todd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "Oportet vivere"
    • View Profile
Re: William Smith married 1867 Pilliga, born Brisbane, parents.. John & Isabella?
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 28 April 13 10:28 BST (UK) »
I can offer a sort of reason for the birth Baptism on the same day.

For sure he wasn't born in a church and unlikely he was baptised in one either. It is possible that the Minister was in attendance either at the house or nearby. He would have for expediency just baptised the baby as a matter of form. It was in country Queensland and he would have been travelling around the parish as his normal duties.

Neil
Grewl,Nickerseens,flombastion,Everheads

Offline iforani

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 28 April 13 10:49 BST (UK) »
Thanks wrjones...I know little about this tree, but would love to get in contact with anyone who might have photos of this family. I have several photos of two of my William Smith's daughters. They look completely different! I have no evidence that William belonged to this family (as in birth certificates) but will follow JM's advice re getting Caroline's BC. If William was in the family he would be listed. My email address is alndebfav@bigpond.com . I would appreciate any photos or being put into touch with someone who may live here who may have photos. Many many thanks.

And thank you, Neil, this is encouraging, ta.  :D
McKay (Kildare, Ireland), Aldred (Manchester), Smith, Cooper (Kent), Howlett, Bodill, Atkins (Northamptonshire), Smart (UK, Africa), Brown, Bryant, Dixon, Walton

Offline iforani

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 28 April 13 11:03 BST (UK) »
Yes..again Neil, meant to add that this baby was born on the Drayton Range, so definitely in the country...and this was a travelling minister.  :)

Will add two photos of William's daughters in case there is some resemblance with any family out there....wrjones??  ::)

Firstly a photo of Muriel Annie Smith (my g grandmother) eldest daughter of William Peter Smith.
Secondly 2 photos of Edith Maud Smith who was younger. These are photos of her when she was older though.
McKay (Kildare, Ireland), Aldred (Manchester), Smith, Cooper (Kent), Howlett, Bodill, Atkins (Northamptonshire), Smart (UK, Africa), Brown, Bryant, Dixon, Walton

Offline iforani

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 28 April 13 11:09 BST (UK) »
sorry...didn't work...try again

Offline iforani

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 28 April 13 11:11 BST (UK) »
and another one of Edith Maud Smith...

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 28 April 13 11:27 BST (UK) »
There are quite literally hundreds and hundreds of descendants of the Donald family.I have many in my own Tree and the Tree I spoke of has hundreds more!I will search among my Donald family contacts to see if they have particular knowledge of your own line.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline iforani

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 28 April 13 11:40 BST (UK) »
Thanks for this, William. Deb

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 28 April 13 12:22 BST (UK) »
Reading your thread again it appears you are uncertain whether your William Smith is the son of John and Isabella?All I can offer on this is that two Trees I have viewed now of John and Isabella(Donald)Smith do not have a son William born in  born in 1847.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire