Author Topic: On This Day in May........Tell us about your ancestors' anniversaries  (Read 37466 times)

Offline genjen

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: On This Day in May........Tell us about your ancestors' anniversaries
« Reply #126 on: Tuesday 28 May 13 10:55 BST (UK) »
Today I have a plethora of Raitts.

Born in 1821 - Jane Raitt, in Old Machar, 4 x great aunt
Born 1841- Margaret Raitt, Aberdeen, 1st cousin x 4
Born 1906 - Jeanie Jessie Milne Raitt, Aberdeen, my great aunt, daughter of Peter Grant Raitt and Jane Milne, sister of Ethel Raitt, my nana.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

ESS: Howe French Cant Annis Noakes Turner Marshall Makerow Duck Spurden Harmony
SCT: Howe Shaw Raitt Milne Forsyth Birnie Crichton Duncan McBeath Daniel Hay Robertson Jaffrey Smith McDonald Alexander Craighead
NRY: Bushby Smith Bland Iley Cunion Kendrew Thornbury Favell Lonsdale Crossland Rudd Pratt Gibson
WES; Dickenson Jackson Ewbank Waller
STS: White
SRY: Knight
DUR: Smith Littlefair
HAM: Williams Grose Lush Venson

Offline pollymann

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: Tuesday 28 May 13 12:58 BST (UK) »
My 2x great-grandmother, Sarah Carlisle, born 28th May 1831 at Crofton Mill, Horton, Northumberland.
Henderson, McCormack, Smith, Dalziel, Robison, Muirhead, Riddick, Irving, Raffle, McKeig, McGhie, McCulloch, Walker, Murray, Blacklock, Beaty. McKie, Wilson, Dickson, Holliday, Robson, Bryden, Muir - Dumfriessshire /Kirkcudbrightshire.
Tough, Gordon, Allan, Henry/Hendry, Reid, Pirie, Hardie, Longmuir, Leslie, Copland, Forbes, Thompson, Rutherford, Meldrum, Leid, Ironside, Rennie, Ronald, Thom, Simpson, Wilson, Sim and Young - Aberdeenshire/Banffshire.
Noble, Gray, Bird - Durham/Northumberland

Offline Hampshire Lass

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: Tuesday 28 May 13 13:26 BST (UK) »
Hi  :)

Can I gate crash this thread to ask you what program you use that enables you to see what happened on what date......or do you just have good memories?

I don't think I've any way of viewing all the obscure anniveraries. I just think of some people on the few dates I remember.

Hope you don't mind me asking.
Best wishes HL

Census information is crown copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Marmalady

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: Tuesday 28 May 13 14:24 BST (UK) »
I use Generations -- under "List" there is an option for "Calendar"
You can then choose a variety of events -- birth. bpt, marriage, divorce, death, burial etc --and choose a time period too - specific days, months  etc - and for everyone in your tree, marked individuals, only living individuals etc

Now for today's anniversaries from my tree:

Birth : my 2nd Cousin 3 times removed Adeline Beverley born in Gt Harwood Lancs in 1852. Daughter of John Beverley & Isabella Turner.

Death: my 5xG Grandfather William Beverley died of "Decline" aged 65 in Leeds. He was also the GG Grandfather of Adeline

Marriages: 2 of these today
!st Cousin 4 time removed Mary Ann Clark married Frederick Bradley Taylor in 1853 at St Georges Bloomsbury.
 !st Cousin 3 time removed Alice Mary Trant married George robert Everitt in 1868 at St Marys Islington
Wainwright - Yorkshire
Whitney - Herefordshire
Watson -  Northamptonshire
Trant - Yorkshire
Helps - all
Needham - Derbyshire
Waterhouse - Derbyshire
Northing - all

Offline Hampshire Lass

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: Tuesday 28 May 13 14:29 BST (UK) »
I use Generations -- under "List" there is an option for "Calendar"
You can then choose a variety of events -- birth. bpt, marriage, divorce, death, burial etc --and choose a time period too - specific days, months  etc - and for everyone in your tree, marked individuals, only living individuals etc

Hi Marmalady and thank you. I have FTM 2012 and will have to look deeper to see if it has such a facility  :)
Best wishes HL

Offline stonechat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: Tuesday 28 May 13 16:02 BST (UK) »
Yes I use FTM2012
You can do it like this

Open the tree concerned
Click on Publish
On the left select other
Then Calendar report and create report

You then need to change a few options
Either select all individuals (or just some manually if you prefer)
Note this only selects births marriages and deaths

If you want to search for baptisms or burials then you have to do that manually
Douglas, Varnden, Joy(i)ce Surrey, Clarke Northants/Hunts, Pullen Worcs/Herefords, Holmes Birmingham/USA/Canada/Australia, Jackson Cheshire/Yorkshire, Lomas Cheshire, Lee Yorkshire, Cocks Lancashire, Leah Cheshire, Cook Yorkshire, Catlow Lancashire
See my website http://www.cotswan.com

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: Tuesday 28 May 13 16:37 BST (UK) »
I use Legacy where I can search for births, baptisms, marriages, deaths, burials for a certain date.

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: Tuesday 28 May 13 17:02 BST (UK) »
On 28 May
Henry Cockett my uncle was born in Manchester in 1908.  He was a butcher, firstly in Hanley, Staffs then in Blackpool and Cleveleys where he had 3 or so shops and my mother always said he was a Mayor of Blackpool, showing me a photo to prove it.  However, I now have the photograph and although he is wearing a mayoral type chain, the large medallion attached, actually shows he was President of the Blackpool & District Butchers' Association.  ::)

Gertrude Peacock (nee Lynch), my first cousin twice removed (and first cousin once removed from Henry Cockett above) was born in 1885 in Ardwick, Manchester.  She was first cousin of my grandfather, who was Henry Cockett (and my mother)’s father.  I have met her but don’t really remember her, although my mother often mentioned her in conversation.

Jonathan Bagshaw my 7 x g.grandfather was baptised at St Nicholas’ Church, Bradfield, Yorkshire in 1645

William Cawthorn my 4 x g.grandfather was baptised at St Andrew’s Church, Hacconby, Lincolnshire in 1765

Matthew Heaton my husband’s g.g.uncle and his brother John Heaton were baptised in Rotherham in 1837.  Matthew was born in Chelsea in 1835, but John was born in Rotherham.  The family seemed to have moved around quite a bit.  Their father was a horse nail maker.  Obviously they were in Chelsea in 1835, then Rotherham in 1837, by 1840 they were back in Chelsea, 1846 in Pimlico, 1851 in Hanover Square, Westminster, 1861 in Bradford, Manchester.  Although I haven’t got the date of deaths of Matthew’s parents, I know they are both buried in Manchester, so I suppose once they got there, they decided to stay.

John le Strange, my 1st cousin (19 times removed) died in Shropshire in 1323

John Gilchrist my 1st cousin 4 times removed married Betsy Towell at St Botolph’s Church, Boston, Lincolnshire in 1863

James Connor and Mary Ann Howard my husband’s 2 x g.grandparents married in The Register Office, Liverpool, in 1849.  They had 1 daughter born 1851 and after that James seems to have disappeared.  In 1862, Mary Ann had another child, to whom she gave the surname Connor, but stated she was a widow.  (She didn’t put James’ name under father showing deceased though).

Lucy Collett  my 2 x g.g.aunt married John Woolnough at St Peter & St Paul’s Church, Fressingfield, Suffolk in 1828

Offline Hampshire Lass

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: Tuesday 28 May 13 19:11 BST (UK) »
Yes I use FTM2012
You can do it like this

Open the tree concerned
Click on Publish
On the left select other
Then Calendar report and create report

You then need to change a few options
Either select all individuals (or just some manually if you prefer)
Note this only selects births marriages and deaths

If you want to search for baptisms or burials then you have to do that manually

Thanks stonechat......I was quite excited there.......but it doesn't work for me  ???
I did just as you said and when I press to generate report, it doesn't. I get a little bar appearing for a second and then it disappears and nothing happens.

Can't really see what I'm doing wrong to be honest, although I have had some computer problems recently and wonder if my FTM has been affected.

Thanks for the info anyway. :)
Best wishes HL