Author Topic: Corwen - Marriage record  (Read 2297 times)

Offline jones9

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Corwen - Marriage record
« on: Friday 03 May 13 12:11 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

Following some valuable suggestions from Robot, I now know where to look for Corwen parish registers. I have the baptism register booklet from Clwyd FHS, and wondered if anyone with access to the marriage records could help me!

It's for Thomas Jones who married a Margaret probably between 1770 and 1777

Thank you!

Offline jones9

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Marriage record for Thomas Jones & Margaret (pos. Corwen)
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 04 May 13 16:57 BST (UK) »
To add to this - the marriage may not have taken place in Corwen! Thomas and Margaret had 3 children that I know of in Corwen: Thomas (b.1776), Evan (b.1778), John (b.1881), and I presume that they married shortly before 1776. Their son Thomas, later had a daughter in Corwen in 1826, however he spent most of his life in Chester, where his descendants then lived.

As mentioned in a previous post, I've always been told my family originated in Penmaenmawr, and the fact that I've traced the family back to the 18th century without any mention of the place made me forget about this - has anyone been told something similar? How reliable is such information passed down through so many generations? The fact that a road runs from Penmaenmawr to Corwen, however does make this seem possible, I just can't help being slightly cynical about the 'age' of the information. There are quite a few Thomas Jones baptised in Corwen but none of them seem very likely. I'm planning on looking at the Bishops transcripts for Dwygyfylchi to see if I can find my particular Thomas Jones - but I presume a marriage certificate will help. If anyone can find a marriage record/any information to back up this then it would be appreciated a great deal!!

Thanks,
Jones9