Author Topic: Ancestor missing from 1911 Census  (Read 2511 times)

Offline dhaskett

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ancestor missing from 1911 Census
« on: Friday 03 May 13 14:08 BST (UK) »
I can't find my great great grandmother, Anne Haskett (nee Ryan) in the 1911 Census. She appears in the 1901, living in Cullenagh, Ballina, Tipperary. Her son Martin had emmigrated to the US by 1911. Her son David lived between Clare and Tipperary in 1911, but I can't seem to locate him either. Someone said to check institutions, and use initials A H, as "lunatics" in asylums were only referenced by initials, but I don't believe she was in an institution.

1901 Census:
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Tipperary/Ballina/Cullenagh/1699466/

Death:
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FRV8-PZF

Thanks,

David

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestor missing from 1911 Census
« Reply #1 on: Friday 03 May 13 16:33 BST (UK) »
Hello David,

do you have the death certificate? That may help with place and name of person who reported the death.

regards
heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 03 May 13 17:06 BST (UK) »
In 1905 Anne Haskett is aged 65 years with sons age 27 and 24. The death record you posted link for gives age as 84 in 1913. If Anne is difficult to find in 1911 the age might also be inconsistent.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline annclare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 03 May 13 20:50 BST (UK) »
I can't find my great great grandmother, Anne Haskett (nee Ryan) in the 1911 Census. She appears in the 1901, living in Cullenagh, Ballina, Tipperary. Her son Martin had emmigrated to the US by 1911. Her son David lived between Clare and Tipperary in 1911, but I can't seem to locate him either. Someone said to check institutions, and use initials A H, as "lunatics" in asylums were only referenced by initials, but I don't believe she was in an institution.
Thanks,

David
It seems as if the census 1911 for the townland Cullenagh Ballina DED is missing from the online census. Suggest contacting  the National Archives to check this out. They may have it on microfilm and certainly should have the original record if it exists.
annclare

Kerrisk, Healy, McGuire, Duggan - Kerry and US
Tuohy/Toohey,Gorman, Purcell, Fanning- Holycross Tipperary