Author Topic: Looking for Helen(Nellie) O'Neil Blairgowrie(*Completed with thanks*)  (Read 3812 times)

Offline A bairn

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for Helen(Nellie) O'Neil Blairgowrie(*Completed with thanks*)
« on: Saturday 04 May 13 16:11 BST (UK) »
Helen ms McFadden born Falkirk 1906 to James McFadden and Susan Clarke.Married Dominick O'Neil 1932 Blairgowrie though both lived in Rattray at the time.Have found 4 children *
Haven't been able to find her death certificate nor any other children.
She was my grandfather's sister but little is known of her after she moved to Rattray, any help/info would be appreciated.

* see next reply

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Helen(Nellie) O'Neil Blairgowrie
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 04 May 13 23:36 BST (UK) »
RootsChat is meant for finding ancestors, rather than living relatives.

Personal details of any people known or thought to be living will be removed, in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses. So people here will be able to give you general tips and hints how to proceed, but not any concrete details.

You will also find more tips here:
Topic: Tracing Living Relatives
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,261434.0.html
and
Topic: Searching for living relatives and Rootschat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,142443.0.html
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 05 May 13 08:50 BST (UK) »
Helen ms McFadden born Falkirk 1906 to James McFadden and Susan Clarke.Married Dominick O'Neil 1932 Blairgowrie though both lived in Rattray at the time.

Haven't been able to find her death certificate

Hi

I'm not sure if you've found this but there's a death showing on the Scotland's People  site for Helen McFadden, other name O'Neill in Blairgowrie in 1985. Aged 79.

It's too recent to views but you can order the full certificate at www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline A bairn

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 05 May 13 12:59 BST (UK) »
Aghadowey I'm not looking for living relatives, I stupidly assumed Nancy and Isobel would be dead by now but as has been pointed out this may not be the case.I'm just trying to tie up loose ends.
Gadget thank you for info.I did look on SP site but didn't see it, however I did do 5 hours research in Edinburgh so maybe I missed it 'cause I was just too tired.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 05 May 13 13:01 BST (UK) »
I removed the details of the four children (who might easily still be living) and you did ask about any other children.

Offline A bairn

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 06 May 13 10:41 BST (UK) »
I have copies of the birth certificates of the four children and if I wished to I could follow the generations to the present day but that is not the aim of the exercise. The aim is to close the circle around my grandfather's siblings ending with their deaths. I knew Helen when I was a  child therefore she is a real person to me her children are not, their number is purely academic but interesting to see how family names have travelled the generations.

Offline A bairn

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 06 May 13 12:16 BST (UK) »
May I point out that the images for the childrens' birth certificates are legally available on the Scotland's People site at the General Register Office for Scotland in Edinburgh so I fail to understand why the childrens' names and years of birth should have been removed from the RootsChat site. There is no legal bar to this information being viewed.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 06 May 13 12:23 BST (UK) »
There are many personal details about people that are available from various online sites but Rootschat has a policy of not allowing such information to be posted to respect their privacy, etc. so everyone has to abide by that here.

"Please do not post requests asking for help to find (possibly) living relatives or friends.
RootsChat is a forum for searching for ancestors. Anything posted on the internet is in the public domain where anybody can see this information. To protect people and their identities we do not encourage the posting of information about people who are or maybe still living."
http://www.rootschat.com/help/posting_guide.php

Offline A bairn

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 03 October 13 21:51 BST (UK) »
This search has now been successfully completed.