Author Topic: William Cullingworth born Daventry c1814  (Read 2890 times)

Offline Culli

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
William Cullingworth born Daventry c1814
« on: Thursday 09 June 05 22:07 BST (UK) »
Any information welcomed on the following family:
William Cullingworth was aged 47 in the 1861 Census at Tenbury, Worcs. His occupation was 'Landed Proprietor' and his place of birth was given as Daventry. His wife Elizabeth was with him.
The IGI lists William Cullingworth marrying Elizabeth Hyde 20.1.1840 at the Chapelry of Hanley Child, Worcester and he was stated to be son of James Priestman Cullingworth.
The death of a James Priestman Cullingworth was registered in 1843 in the Tenbury Registration District, perhaps William's father.
On various websites I have found references to an earlier William Cullingworth in Northants:
William Cullingworth, Bailiff, witnessed a document in 1791
William Cullingworth, Surveyor, in documents of 1768, 1772  and 1776

I am keen to discover how James Priestman Cullingworth was related to the earlier William and to trace their births, and hope to discover where they came from so that I can link them up to other Cullingworth families.

The only other references that I have are from the IGI:
5 March 1801: James Preistman (sic) Cullingworth married Elizabeth Cooper at St. Lawrence, Jewry, London (IGI-submission)

12 June 1823 Priestman Cullingworth married Elizabeth Partridge at Aston Juxta Birmingham, Warwick (IGI-BTs). (Maybe the same chap, or perhaps a son)

Culli

Cullingworth One Name Study (Worldwide)
History of Sidley (formerly in parish of Bexhill), East Sussex