Author Topic: William Henry Cuff Wheeler /Henry Helsham  (Read 1306 times)

Offline ozangel

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Henry Cuff Wheeler /Henry Helsham
« on: Saturday 11 May 13 05:21 BST (UK) »
Would someone be kind enough to look up the burial details of William Henry Cuff Wheeler d.o.d. 12 Oct 2005 buried at Bournemouth and also Henry Helsham d.o.d. 4 Jan 1878 burial place unknown.
many thanks   :)

Offline Richard Knott

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: William Henry Cuff Wheeler /Henry Helsham
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 16 May 13 07:19 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat.

Do you have any evidence that Henry Helsham had any Dorset/Bournemouth connections? The only one dying in 1878 (Jan- Mar) did so in Kensington aged 1804. He was, I think, the vicar of Rosbercon, in Ireland, who pops up in Redruth in 1850 (helping at one marriage and seeing his daughter Cecilia marry Henry Septimus Wheeler); is in Bathwick for the 1851 census; and then in London by 1857 where Josephine Helsham was marrying Edward Wheeler.

Given the Wheeler connection I assume this is your man, but I can't see any Bournemouth link.

Richard
All the families I am researching are listed on the main page here:
www.64regencyancestors.com

Census: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ozangel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 16 May 13 11:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Richard. Henry Helsham was the grandfather of William Henry Cuff Wheeler who was the son of Cecilia Wheeler nee Helsham.  The only connection to Bournemouth is that William died there, and I am trying to find out where he was buried.  I am also trying to find out where Henry Helsham was buried.  Although Henry died in the street adjacent to Brompton Cemetery, he is not buried there.
Regards Di

Offline Richard Knott

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 18 May 13 16:18 BST (UK) »
Henry Helsham was the grandfather of William Henry Cuff Wheeler who was the son of Cecilia Wheeler nee Helsham.
I'm confused about the dates.
Cecilia was born in about 1830, according to the 1911 census, and married in 1850, so I'm not sure how she can have a son who died in 2005. The 1911 census mentions two children: Edward Henry (bc1865, Kilkenny) and Katherine Frances (bc1864, Australia).

Richard

Added later: I think William is Edward Henry's son, so Cecilia's grandson.
All the families I am researching are listed on the main page here:
www.64regencyancestors.com

Census: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ozangel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 19 May 13 00:37 BST (UK) »
Thanks Richard.  You are correct. Sorry about that!
William is Edward's son, Cecilia's grandson and therefore Henry Helsham's great grandson. This is so confusing....
Since our last correspondence I have had an email from Bournemouth telling me  that William died on the 12th October 2005 and was cremated at Bournemouth Crematorium on 21st October 2005.  His cremated remains were collected from the crematorium by the funeral director.There are no memorials at the crematorium for him... so he is settled.
Henry Helsham on the other hand is still a mystery. Apparently, his mother Mary has a plaque in the Holy Trinity Church, Cheltenham so may be he was taken there? the search continues...

Di