Author Topic: Chapel  (Read 1321 times)

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Chapel
« on: Saturday 11 May 13 16:43 BST (UK) »
If you got married in a Chapel,would it still show in the BMD ?

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Chapel
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 11 May 13 17:17 BST (UK) »
Marriages of all religious denominations from 1.7.1837 are on the GRO index.  Prior to 1.7.1837 they would be entered in the parish records
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 11 May 13 17:19 BST (UK) »
It would after 1837!What is the marriage?

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 11 May 13 18:01 BST (UK) »
Thank you Carole and William,

I have looked many times do not have the grooms name so it's a nightmare and the bride had the surname Davies ( groan). I rang the registrars office as someone thought they may do a search year by year as there is a range of about 8 years as I do have the brides father and mothers name but the person I spoke to said as it was such a common surname they would not be interested in doing the search.

I know they were Methodists so I thought about the chapel route but if there on the BMD it would be the same problem no groom's surname.

I think the only solution is to go through the records year by year and keep sending off to See if one of them is her matching her Fathers and Mothers name.

Thanks again

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 11 May 13 18:07 BST (UK) »
Tell us more about them.When did they marry and where?

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 11 May 13 18:12 BST (UK) »
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 11 May 13 18:24 BST (UK) »
It is linked Carole and William,

I don't think there is a thing to be done. I keep putting Margaret away but she is constantly in the back of my mind.

If you have a mo could you give me a sort of plan, a tick list that I should be doing. Would it help if I went  to Abergele where would I go  to find this info with nothing much to go on?

Thanks

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 11 May 13 18:30 BST (UK) »
You could have a look on here,taking particular note of any St Asaph Civil Marriages involving a Margaret Davies;
http://www.northwalesbmd.org.uk/index.php

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 11 May 13 18:34 BST (UK) »
A mammoth task given the time span and the assumption that she married in her home parish

Apart from what you find on the link given above - you would have to check freebmd for all Margaret Davies marriages in that area in the 10yr span and make a note of the year and quarter.

You would then have to check every parish register for those periods to compare the details

What if she married outside her own parish?