Author Topic: Chapel  (Read 1322 times)

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Chapel
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 11 May 13 19:05 BST (UK) »
Thank you Carole and William,

Yes a Mammoth task Carole and not really wanting to think about if Maggi married away from home.

I am going to start tomorrow a year at a time with the North Wales BMD, I think early than later in my time frame and thinking about her age and she had two sons I am told. Going to  Patagonia would not have been for the faint  hearted  I'm guessing .

Carole as her family stayed in Abergele I am hoping fingers crossed she did the same for her marriage .

Parrish registers ?where would I find these can I look at them are they recorded somewhere ?

Are the NW BMD as up  to date as Ancestry which is free at my local library although a friend of mine has it and she has very kindly offered me the use of it :))

Thanks you for your help

Valerie

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 11 May 13 19:09 BST (UK) »
Have found out about the Parrish records and I will need to come to Wales to read, thought they maybe on a CD somewhere.

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 11 May 13 19:19 BST (UK) »
Are the NW BMD as up  to date as Ancestry

No where near as up to date unfortunately.  There are only 435,103 entries from 1837 - whatever date and that covers all the areas shown on the site

It's a volunteer project so slow going

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)