Author Topic: Howden Records  (Read 3458 times)

Offline davnikk

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Howden Records
« on: Monday 13 May 13 01:48 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find who my 3rd Gt's were. My 2nd Gt George Watson was born around 1828, Howden, according to his Census' from 1861 after marriage to Sarah Cook,  2Q 1856 Christ Church, Tynemouth. Per marriage (IGI) George's Father was of the same name. I can only find Baptism's for Christ Church not for Howden/ Wallsend online. Having problems tracking him before Marriage but he must have moved to South Shields at some point before then as Sarah was from there and the couple remained there after Marriage.

Can any one help ?

Thanks so much.

Davnikk

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Re: Howden Records
« Reply #1 on: Monday 13 May 13 04:49 BST (UK) »
1841 census
Rose Hall Willington
George Watson,40,labourer
Elizabeth Watson,30
Frances Watson 15
George Watson,13
Eleanor,7
Anna 3,
HO107/827/3
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 13 May 13 13:34 BST (UK) »
You can check the Bishops transcripts for Wallsend,if you have checked Christ Church and his baptism isnt there,online ,you just have to sit and go through each page
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline davnikk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 13 May 13 20:56 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for your 2 replies.

I had no luck finding George's baptism or any of the other children in the 41 Census in the transcripts. May be they were non conformists. Looked also for a Marriage for George Senior, no luck there. The Census is a pretty strong contender for his Family. Trying to find a 51 census to match George or the others in the 41.

Any other idea's I might have over looked?

Thanks again.

Offline davnikk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 13 May 13 21:06 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for your 2 replies.

I had no luck finding George's baptism or any of the other children in the 41 Census in the transcripts. May be they were non conformists. Looked also for a Marriage for George Senior, no luck there. The Census is a pretty strong contender for his Family. Trying to find a 51 census to match George or the others in the 41.

Any other idea's I might have over looked?

Thanks again.

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 13 May 13 21:44 BST (UK) »
If this is your family in 1841 have you traced any other marriage or census for his siblings,1841 doesnt state where they were born other rhan in county,the parents could have been married any where,and moved down there later,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 13 May 13 21:49 BST (UK) »
The youngest childs birth may be one of these
all registered Tynemouth

Ann Elizabeth Watson,Tynemouth December 1837

Ann Watson,Tynemouth 1839

Ann Oram Watson,Tynemouth 1839

Offline davnikk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 13 May 13 22:36 BST (UK) »
No luck as yet in finding George in 51 or his parents. The girls in the Census would probably be married by then except for Ann(a). One of the births could be her. I did not find births that matched for Frances or Eleanor.

The writing in the 41 Census is feint but it looks like George's wife is Isab?

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 14 May 13 08:47 BST (UK) »
I think it is Isab with an a added after.  Isabella?  Remember the 1841 rounded ages above 15 down to the nearest 5 so she could be up to 39.
There is a Sarah Watson, female servant, further down the page who may fit in too. The only child born after civil registration started in 1837 is Anna and not everybody registered their children at that time.