Author Topic: Howden Records  (Read 3457 times)

Offline davnikk

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Howden Records
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 11 June 13 21:20 BST (UK) »
I now have the marriage cert for my 2nd Gt's George Watson & Sarah Cook. My 3rd Gt George was a Shipwright and alive at the time of wedding. Witness' were both from Sarah's side, so not much help there.

With this info it is likely that the Baptism at Christ Church, above, is his although I not been able to find any other Children's baptisms for George & Margaret. I have looked and looked at 41 & 51 Census for 3rd Gt but to no avail. I have looked in Northumberland & Durham, even searched just using occupation in case the name Watson was transcribed wrong.

If the 41 & 51 Census' above belong to my 2nd Gt, which looks highly likely, then where were his parents'?

So frustrated.

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 11 June 13 21:31 BST (UK) »
Would you like o give us the marriage details in full,it may help it may not,
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline davnikk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 11 June 13 22:21 BST (UK) »
June 1st 1856, Christ Church, Tynemouth.

George Watson, of full age, Bachelor, Trimmer, of this Parish. Father George Watson, Shipwright.

Sarah Cook, of full age, Spinster, of this parish. Father, John Cook, Labourer.

In the presence of: Matthew Storey Cook & Ann Isabell Pickering.

Offline WolfieSmith

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 12 June 13 18:21 BST (UK) »
Some possible other baptisms to same parents as George 1827, Tynemouth :

27 April 1817 (Wallsend St. Peter). Mary Ann, daughter of George (Shipwright) and Margaret Watson of H.Pans.

7 Nov 1819 (Wallsend St. Peter). Margaret, daughter of George (Shipwright) and Margaret Watson of H.Pans.

10 Nov 1822 (Tynemouth). Eleanor Jane, daughter of George (Carpenter) and Margaret Watson of North Shields.

George Senior may not be stated as deceased on the marriage cert, but its not always stated even when they are deceased.

So a possible burial for the older George :

1 Sep 1832 (Wallsend). George Watson of H.Pans aged 38. Died of Cholera.

A possible marriage for George and Margaret.

22 Feb 1816 (Wallsend). George Watson and Margaret Elliott. By License, Witnesses - Mary Elliott and Elizabeth Charlton. On the marriage license, George is a Bachelor, Carpenter of Howdon in the Parish of Wallsend. Margaret is a Spinster of Howdon in the Parish of Wallsend.

Alan.
Northumberland - Smith, Willis,
Durham - Rogerson, Child
Cumberland - Irving, Hill
North Yorkshire - Layfield,
Ireland - Collins

Offline davnikk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 12 June 13 20:31 BST (UK) »
Thank you Alan so much for all your info. I think this could be My George's Family.
Would you mind sharing with me where you found the info so I can look them up?  Are most of them from the Bishop's Transcripts?

I think both of 2nd Gt's Parents were deceased by 1841 as I can not find Margaret either. The death for George Sr looks very probable.

The marriage fits with the Baptisms. I will try to follow some of the Children.

There were only 2 Watson Families living in Howdon Pans in 1841. One being the Family above, head, Elizabeth, with her Children and Nephew George, the other being a Mary Watson 1806 with 3 children. HO827/1/35/31.

Thanks again, a big help.