Author Topic: Howden Records  (Read 3456 times)

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
Re: Howden Records
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 14 May 13 14:00 BST (UK) »
Thanks I took another look at Isabelle

St Peters Wallsend

Eleanor Mary Watson
daughter of
George and Isabella
26th Jan 1834
abode Willington,
fathers occupation,Cart Wright

Annabelle 26th September 1837
daughter of George and Isabella,
fathers occupation,joiner
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline davnikk

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 14 May 13 23:22 BST (UK) »
Thanks to both of you for the info, appreciate it.

I found another 41 Census for a George in Low Quay, Wallsend, Howdon Pans. Eliz Watson is the first name (possibly a widowed Mother). And so it goes on, round and round.

I am thinking I need to see the Parish Marriage record of my GG's George & Sarah. It might give some more info to go on, Any little will help at this point.

I am also bearing in mind the names of George & Sarah's Children. The 1st few were named after Sarah's Family so am thinking the rest may be named after George's side. No Isabella's or Elizabeth's but Margaret stands out, not a known name on Sarah's side.

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 15 May 13 09:25 BST (UK) »
Unless you have the time to go to the archives and look for the original transcript of the marriage ,it would be beneficial to purchase his marriage certificate from the registrars office,at least you will have his address at time of marriage and hopefully a sibling was a witness,
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 15 May 13 09:33 BST (UK) »
If his father is deceased it may point to the fact he is the George father of Annabelle and Eleanor,

Durham inheritance project

George Watson,joiner cartwright of Rose Hill in the parish of Wallsend
date of death 12th Feb 1850
date of probate 24th Jan 1853

will 28th August 1848, DPRI/1/1853/W11/1-3Registered copy of will,28th August 1848, DPRI/2/59/page 432-433

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 15 May 13 09:37 BST (UK) »
Free bmd, registration
George Watson,
Tynemouth,
March 1850

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 15 May 13 09:45 BST (UK) »
Entry for the bishops transcripts Wallsend

George Watson
aged 59 years
abode Willington
buried Feb 17th 1850
by Charles L Parkinson

Offline davnikk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 16 May 13 00:13 BST (UK) »
Thanks for all the info.

I am going to contact the records office as some times it's cheaper to have them find and email a copy of a Parish record than ordering a cert, especially as the cert has to be mailed internationally.

I agree, from your info, that this George is probably the Father of Eleanor & Annabelle.

Thanks again for all your help.

Offline WolfieSmith

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 18 May 13 13:33 BST (UK) »
The George at Low Quay Howdon in 1841 census. This is probably him in 1851 census, with same family :

N.K. (Detached Houses) Howdon
Elizabeth Watton, head, wid, 45, b. Ipswich
Thomas ", son, 14, Shipwright App., b. Northd. Howdon
William ", son, 12, Ropemaker App., b. Northd. Howdon
George ", nephew, 24, Cinder Burner, b. Northd. Howdon
HO107/2409/151/19

A possible baptism for George at Tynemouth Christchurch :

6 Nov 1827. George, son of George (Shipwright) and Margaret Watson of Howdon Pans.

Need the marriage cert to help confirm which George is yours. It was recorded in the Newcastle Courant as 1st June 1856, but just says Mr George Watson, Trimmer and Miss Sarah Cook.

Alan.
Northumberland - Smith, Willis,
Durham - Rogerson, Child
Cumberland - Irving, Hill
North Yorkshire - Layfield,
Ireland - Collins

Offline davnikk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 19 May 13 20:17 BST (UK) »
Thank for that Alan. So it looks like the George in 41 and 51 is a Nephew. So may be both Parent's were deceased.
My 2nd gt George was A Trimmer from all of the Census 61 onwards. He could always have done some thing else prior to this though.

I have purchased the Marriage cert for George & Sarah and hope it will give some clues as to who my 3rd Gt's were. Fingers crossed. It will take a few weeks to get to me from across the pond!