Author Topic: Help tracing 3 sisters in British Columbia please  (Read 7610 times)

Offline lilybell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Help tracing 3 sisters in British Columbia please
« Reply #18 on: Monday 13 May 13 20:29 BST (UK) »

From RootswebFreeBMD Evelyn Doris Webb Sept 1889 Fulham.

Lilybell

Harrod Essex and Kent England
McCrimmon Invernesshire  Scotland

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 13 May 13 20:30 BST (UK) »
Thanks Sandra - found him!

Excellent.  Good Luck.  ;)

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline joanbain

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 06 February 15 08:15 GMT (UK) »
hello Phil,  I have just become interested in finding information about my ancestry, and came across your posts  about Gordon Webb (my great uncle),  and your question about Greta Webb and 2 of her sisters.   My grandmothers name was Greta Garrett Webb.  She married Alec Puttick. They had 1 daughter... Elizabeth Greta Puttick... she is my Mom... now 87 years old.   She is known as Betty.   Betty is married to Tom Ferguson... my Dad.   My name is Joan (I am now 61 years old), and I have one brother.. David.  We all live in Vancouver,  British Columbia.   I  did not ever meet my Grandmothers sister Sylvia.  I know she lived here in Vancouver, and we have some things with her name on them.   The younger sister Beatrice was well known to us as we grew up.  She never married.  When the family split up, Beatrice ended up in a Catholic orphanage, but later came to Canada.  My Aunty Beatty...as we called her was always included in our family events, she was a little bit blind and a little bit deaf.   Uncle Gordon.. my grandmother`s brother from Argentina visited  Greta in Vancouver  at least twice in his elder years.  He was fun... tried to teach us some Spanish.   I`m going to ask my Mom what else she can remember about him!  I  would love to know as much as possible about  all of my Grandmother Gretà`s  siblings, their lives and their descendants ! 

Offline joanbain

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 06 February 15 08:38 GMT (UK) »
To Prodda... Phil...  just thinking...  was  your  grandmother a sister of my grandmother??  What was your grandmother's name ?
Does this mean that  your mother (or father),  is  a  cousin of my mother ?   
Joan   

Offline jila

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 30 March 15 22:29 BST (UK) »