Author Topic: BASSANO (ALL) England and Italy  (Read 7503 times)

Offline derryt

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BASSANO (ALL) England and Italy
« Reply #9 on: Monday 09 October 23 06:44 BST (UK) »
My seventh great grandmother was Bridget Bassano. I have found a copy of her marriage Certificate to Edward Kynaston dated 27 June 1672 at St Martin in the Fields, London. Also the birth of her daughter, Bridget Kynaston 24th July 1673 at Walthamstowe, Essex. I would love to know if she is related to these Italian musicians and if so how.

Offline Gaye

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 09 October 23 20:13 BST (UK) »
Hello there Derryt

June 26, 1672 Age 35   
Marriage of Edward Kynaston 1637- and Bridget Bassano 1642-
St Martins in the Fields, London, England (United Kingdom)

‘June 26 Edward Kinaston, of S’ Alban’s, Wood Street, London, Salter, Bach. , ab’ 35, & Bridget Bassano, of Walthamstow, Essex, Widow, ab’ 30; at S’ Martin’s in Fields’. LML 1672.

Bridget was the widow of John Bassano (Christening Date 26 Apr 1636
Christening Place ALLHALLOWS LONDON WALL,LONDON,LONDON,ENGLAND
Father's Name John Basano
Mother's Name Anne
IGI Record Batch P00085-1; Son of John Bassano 1608-1654 and his wife Anne
Bassano, John, gent., Walthamstow, Essex 1653 32
(Will proved 27 Sept 1655)  John Bassano was son of Anthony Bassano 1579-1658 and his wife Dorothy nee Hinde (m.604)

So Bridget Bassano/Kynaston your 7GGrandmother was widow of my 1st cousin 9x removed.
Haven't found her maiden name as at today.

my email address is : *

* Moderator comment: personal e-mail address removed in accordance with RootsChat general practice and guidance, to prevent others spamming or abusing it.  Please use the personal message system to exchange e-mail addresses.  Thanks.
Bassano: (ALL areas)
Drake: London, Essex, Kent
Hawkins: Shoreditch, Hackney, Essex
Meaney: Co Cork - London
Morrison: Scotland-Canada-New Zealand

Offline derryt

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 10 October 23 05:17 BST (UK) »
Thank you! A bit sorry that I am not directly related to the Bassanos- they sound amazing, but really appreciate the extra pieces to the jigsaw puzzle.

Offline sugarbakers

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • 12 Church St, MENT - the family sugarhouse, 1805
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 10 October 23 09:55 BST (UK) »
I have a John Bassano, sugar refiner and merchant, working in Hull from c1780 and London c1800. Is he related to this thread, I wonder ?

www.mawer.clara.net/sugarbbae.html
Almeroth, Germany (probably Hessen). Mawer, Softley, Johnson, Lancaster, Tatum, Bucknall (E.Yorks, Nfk, Lincs)

Sugar Refiners & Sugarbakers ... www.mawer.clara.net ...
50,000+ database entries, 270+ fatalities, 210+ fires, history, maps, directory, sales, blog, book, 500+ wills, etc.

WDYTYA magazine July 2017

Offline Gaye

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 10 October 23 21:33 BST (UK) »
YES Sugarbakers...he is one of the descendants of the original 5 brothers who came to England courtesy of Kind Henry VIII

Son of Richard Bassano 1718-1793 and his wife Amy nee Stephenson 1728-1802
Brother of Richard Bassano (my 4th GGrandfather); Dorothy Bassano; Christopher Bassano; Francis Bassano; Mary (Swanwick); Sarah Bassano; Mark Anthony Bassano; Thomas Bassano and Christopher Bassano

Husband of Ann nee Burton 1765- (m.1794) and Elizabeth nee Tallents 1769-1792 (m.1792)
Father of Francis Bassano; Ann Elizabeth Brown; John Noel Bassano; Richard Leander Bassano; Henry Bassano; Thomas Edward Bassano; Charles Bassano; Sarah Bassano and Henry Bassano

Sugar House Building Purchased for HULL SUGAR BAKERS

"Charles Delamotte, son of a London sugar refiner, was sent up to Hull when he returned from his journey with John Wesley to Georgia. He built the New Sugar House in Wincomblee, and was in business from the forties to the seventies, for part of the time in partnership as Delamotte, Beel & Company. Delamotte made - or inherited - enough money to forsake the world of business for the tranquility of Lincolnshire, spending the last thirty years of his life in retirement in Barrow-upon-Humber.
Delamotte's place was taken in Hull by Francis Bine, master mariner and whaler owner who, it was said, made £20,000 out of the American war, and 'commenced Merchant and Sugar Boiler having bought the New Sugar House on Wincomblee'. He occupied the House for perhaps twenty years, having a turnover, in his bank account for 1785, of a little over £26,000. Some time around 1790 he or his executors sold the House to 'John Bassano, John Carlill, John Boyes and John Levett of Hull Sugar Bakers'; or, to be more accurate, they bought it by running up a huge overdraft with Smiths & Thompson's Bank. Their premises were insured for £15,000 until August 1797, when the total was raised to £20,000".

John Bassano died 8 February 1841

Offline sugarbakers

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • 12 Church St, MENT - the family sugarhouse, 1805
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 11 October 23 11:06 BST (UK) »
Wow ... thank you. I already have the Gordon Jackson quote on my Hull webpage, www.mawer.clara.net/loc-hull.html , but I shall now add the connections to that same page, as well as write a note into Case Studies.
It's really good to be able to add some depth to some of these sugar refiners, especially those with such a colourful history, and I appreciate you letting me share your hard work.
Almeroth, Germany (probably Hessen). Mawer, Softley, Johnson, Lancaster, Tatum, Bucknall (E.Yorks, Nfk, Lincs)

Sugar Refiners & Sugarbakers ... www.mawer.clara.net ...
50,000+ database entries, 270+ fatalities, 210+ fires, history, maps, directory, sales, blog, book, 500+ wills, etc.

WDYTYA magazine July 2017

Offline Gaye

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 11 October 23 19:13 BST (UK) »
 ;D   You're most welcome