Author Topic: The Unexplained and Hypnotic Regression Family Search  (Read 28739 times)

Offline Malcolm33

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: The Unexplained and Hypnotic Regression Family Search
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 11 June 14 21:55 BST (UK) »
   Another case I've tried very hard to find some explanation for, is that of the late Gwen MacDonald who didn't just remember a previous life 200 years ago of a Rose Duncan, but while still in Sydney she drew the lines she recalled on a stone slab.   Gwen had never been outside of New South Wales never mind overseas.    She was taken to Europe with 3 other ladies whose stories were also being checked, and she led the team to the cottage in Somerset.   The floor had been covered in chicken filth and straw for a century or more.  The farmer allowed them to clean and scrub out the floor and after some 24 hours there it was with lines on the slab that matched the stone Gwen drew in Sydney.
    Some say that everything that ever happens is recorded somewhere.   Is there some great hard disk that one can tap into?   This is the only alternative that I can think of.    It would also explain so many cases of intuition and inventions, or even Mozart writing symphonies when only 4 years old.
Hutton: Eccleshill,Queensbury
Grant: Babworth,Chinley
Draffan: Lesmahagow,Douglas,Coylton, Consett
Oliver: Tanfield, Sunderland, Consett
Proudlock: Northumberland
Turnbull:Northumberland, Durham
Robson:Sunderland, Northumberland
Dent: Dufton, Arkengarthdale, Hunstanworth
Currie: Coylton
Morris and Hurst: East Retford, Blyth, Worksop
Elliot: Castleton, Hunstanworth, Consett
Tassie, Greenshields

Offline Mike in Cumbria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 11 June 14 22:59 BST (UK) »
It's a story that has certainly been used a lot, but the scientist in me would want to see the "lines" that she drew and the lines on the floor and see how closely they really matched up. The fact that she and 3 others were taken all the way to England from Australia to test this story out suggest to me that somebody really wanted to believe it, and the power of suggestion is a very powerful thing.

Some things don't really need explanations, such as the multiple "Christ images" that keep popping up on pizzas, toast and ketchup splodges for instance.  Ultimately, people believe what they want to believe.  http://www.rootschat.com/links/013gn/ 
Mike

Offline Malcolm33

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 11 June 14 23:31 BST (UK) »
It's a story that has certainly been used a lot, but the scientist in me would want to see the "lines" that she drew and the lines on the floor and see how closely they really matched up. The fact that she and 3 others were taken all the way to England from Australia to test this story out suggest to me that somebody really wanted to believe it, and the power of suggestion is a very powerful thing.

Some things don't really need explanations, such as the multiple "Christ images" that keep popping up on pizzas, toast and ketchup splodges for instance.  Ultimately, people believe what they want to believe.  http://www.rootschat.com/links/013gn/ 
Mike

Read Peter Ramster's book, "In Search of Lives Past".    You will then discover what led up to the whole investigation.  There were witnesses from the very beginning and all the way through with everything filmed.   Gwen McDonald was an unwilling volunteer.  She was very much of a skeptic herself and only ever went to Ramster's clinic to give some support to a friend.   There are many other examples but this one is a little unique because Peter Ramster had the sense to talk about what was happening when he regressed patients long before and that led to a full investigation.

There should be a page with a picture of the stone and the drawing in Rootschat and most likely in this same discussion.
Tassie, Greenshields

Offline Malcolm33

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 11 June 14 23:36 BST (UK) »
  Not in this discussion apparently, but Rootschat returns a message that it has been uploaded previously.

So let us look at something else.     This photo was taken by a good friend at our Club many months after her friend's ashes were scattered on that very spot on the beach at Safety Beach, Port Philip Bay.

Ushi was a sceptic until she developed the film in her camera and this ray in a sky that was cloudless above where they were standing appeared.
Tassie, Greenshields

Offline Mike in Cumbria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 12 June 14 12:56 BST (UK) »
.I've even gone deeply into quantum mechanics to try to understand what could be happening on a sub atomic level.

Really? I've seen a lot of pseudo-science internet nonsense about quantum mechanics but I don't think you'll find any genuine physicist who would give it the time of day.

What do you mean by "gone deeply into quantum mechanics"?

Mike

Offline Malcolm33

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 12 June 14 20:59 BST (UK) »
I've studied many books on the subject, Mike and always asking questions.   Very often I find answers which may be part of the whole thing.

Isn't that what makes us different as human beings - our curiosity and need to know?    Scientists would never discover anything new if they didn't wonder, 'What If?'

I'm just reading an article on Hypatia and what the religious fanatics did to her in Alexandria in 415CE.  The monks ordered the mobs to "rip her flesh from her bones with pottery shards and their fingernails.   Her limbs were then thrown into a fire whist the chanting and laughter of the mob rang out.... .  Earlier this same mob had burned down the most precious library known to mankind, holding around 750,000 books and scrolls of antiquity covering every field of human endeavour from medicine to theology.

Can you imagine what it would be like if every bit of family history, every record we have laboured so hard to gather was to be totally destroyed, along with everything we have today in Scientific knowledge and medicine and the arts?     I believe this to be the other side of the coin that rears itself when we stop questioning and trying to work out what makes everything tick.    So that is why I take notice of my personal experiences and try to understand what may be going on.
Tassie, Greenshields

Offline a-l

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 13 June 14 10:35 BST (UK) »
Malcolm , the stored history data which I think you were referring to earlier , is called the Akashic record.                            kind regards Sue

Offline Mike in Cumbria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 13 June 14 11:36 BST (UK) »
Isn't that what makes us different as human beings - our curiosity and need to know?    Scientists would never discover anything new if they didn't wonder, 'What If?'

That's something we can definitely agree on, Malcolm.  :)

Mike

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 13 June 14 12:12 BST (UK) »
    This photo was taken by a good friend at our Club many months after her friend's ashes were scattered on that very spot on the beach at Safety Beach, Port Philip Bay.

Ushi was a sceptic until she developed the film in her camera and this ray in a sky that was cloudless above where they were standing appeared.

One of my brothers was a professional photographer and once had a puzzle when developing a set of wedding photos to find an additional figure posing with the bride and groom and close family members.
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke