Author Topic: Edward Bowell  (Read 1216 times)

Offline AnnGeorge

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Edward Bowell
« on: Tuesday 21 May 13 06:07 BST (UK) »
I am hoping  that maybe someone can help me to find out if Edward Bowell married to Mary Ann Reading Dec. qtr. 1850 Wells 10 807 was a bachelor or a widower. Thanks.

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Edward Bowell
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 21 May 13 07:14 BST (UK) »
Can't see another marriage on FreeBMD?

Of course, the marriage certificate would confirm?! ;D
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 21 May 13 07:19 BST (UK) »

The possible first marriage was between Edmund Bowell and Ann Vowles in June qtr 1844  ;)
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,647482.msg4942363.html#msg4942363
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline fastfusion

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 21 May 13 07:31 BST (UK) »
has anyone checked the bmd for a death cert or looked for an obituary of an Ann Bowell to see if she died prior to a possible 2nd marriage, and for an 1841 /51 census to see who was the espousel, then failing that a certificate would have to be purchased, but given that the Bowell family of Somerset is not that complex , checking family search and other online parish sources would determine as to how many Edward Bowell were alive............?????????????????????

fusion :)

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 21 May 13 07:37 BST (UK) »

The possible first marriage was between Edmund Bowell and Ann Vowles in June qtr 1844  ;)
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,647482.msg4942363.html#msg4942363

Thanks for the link - I had no idea there was a previous thread! ::)
Links to previous threads are always helpful in eliminating unnecessary duplication of research/effort.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline AnnGeorge

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 21 May 13 19:35 BST (UK) »
Thanks all for your thoughts on this.  I was hoping to prove that the Edward was maybe Edmund Bowell who could have been widowed in 1849 and then remarried a Mary Ann. In which case the earlier death of Ann Bowell  would probably have been his mother who died between the 1841 and 51 census. He married Ann Vowles who called herself Ann and then 1851 onwards
 his wife started being referred to as Mary Ann. I am interested in the mother of his children.
                                                                                                              Thanks Ann.