Author Topic: Edwards/Spendlove in Wales  (Read 2512 times)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Edwards/Spendlove in Wales
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 23 May 13 23:06 BST (UK) »
His police service records will not have the type of details you are looking for.   

Lawrence died in 1965 in Pontypool and freebmd shows only one child born to the second marriage and that was in 1932 so details cannot be published here as she may still be alive. 

She married in Monmouth in 1954 but her name is nothing like Norah
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Stratfordboy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 24 May 13 06:54 BST (UK) »
Would his police records not have a list of addresses where he lived?

Offline Stratfordboy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 24 May 13 06:55 BST (UK) »
I found a Cora Edwards and a Spendlove, but I can't link Cora to our Edwardss.

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 24 May 13 15:11 BST (UK) »
I'm not familiar with the content of police records but would have thought it would concentrate more on his actual work/promotions etc rather than where he was living at any given time.

Lawrence re-married in Monmouth in 1929.  His daughter was born and married in Monmouth and Lawrence died in Monmouth.  Whilst it doesn't prove he lived in Monmouth throughought that period - he certainly retained connections there

Going back to your original post.  You say that "Nora" was the sister of Frederick & John Edwards and was born between 1912-1918 to parents Thomas William Edwards and Susan Blanche nee Marsh.   

That has proved to be incorrect as their parents did not have any daughters.

"Nora" allegedly married a "Spendlove" and had a daughter "Sylvia" 

Again - no marriage of an Edwards to a Spendlove 

The Spendlove marriage found in 1908 was not to a Nora and did not produce a daughter.  The second Spendlove marriage was also not to a Nora.  It produced a daughter but not until 1932 and  her name was nothing like Norah or Sylvia.  That daughter married in 1954 and had only one male child.

We have no actual proof that Nora existed or whose daughter she was, when she was born or who she married. 

If any of the children born to the marriages of the 4 Edwards boys can shed any light on her - then please post that info here and we will see what we can find

I can't speak for others who have posted on this thread but I personally feel we have exhausted all reasonable avenues of enquiry given the very small amount of info known
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Curious23

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 27 January 23 20:23 GMT (UK) »
I am Lawrence Spendlove's granddaughter. My mother was Christine, only child from his second marriage. My grandmother's name was Edna Leonora (Nora) Jones. Christine moved to Canada in 1957 with her husband,Terry. I was born in the UK and my brother in Canada.