Author Topic: Informant's name on death cert  (Read 3316 times)

Offline TropiConsul

• RootsChat Senior
  • gg-grandfather, founder of Comfort, Texas
    • View Profile
Informant's name on death cert
« on: Saturday 25 May 13 20:07 BST (UK) »
I can't decipher the informant's name.  It looks something like "Terge Wingway" but that makes no sense to me.  I think the first letter of the forename is a "T" because it is similar the the "T" in Iron Turner.   
Campbell, McDonald, Sprague, Dunsmore, Altgelt, Paterson, Gordon, Rennie, Gorrie, Myles, Forbes, Stewart, Robertson,  Scott, McEwan, MacCallum, McLagan, Perth, Dull, Lanark, Airdrie, Campbeltown, Saddell, Kessington, Cochno, Milngavie, Rutherglen, Kilsyth, Dundee, Killin, Ferryport-on-Craig, Kirkintilloch, Ohio, New York, Inverness-shire, Blair Atholl, Mathie

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
Re: Informant's name on death cert
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 25 May 13 20:14 BST (UK) »
It is George and either Wingway or Wingwall.  I suppose if you could always look for a marriage of a Campell, father Donald, who married a George W and see what surname comes up.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 25 May 13 20:22 BST (UK) »
Yes, think it is George Wingwall.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline TropiConsul

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 25 May 13 21:12 BST (UK) »
According to the 1911 census in Cathcart, his only daughter is named Christina.  She was 14 at the time.  In Scotland's People, I am not finding a Christina Campbell married to a man whose name begins with "Win" other than a George Windram or a John Winter. Neither marriage seems to fit the case.
Campbell, McDonald, Sprague, Dunsmore, Altgelt, Paterson, Gordon, Rennie, Gorrie, Myles, Forbes, Stewart, Robertson,  Scott, McEwan, MacCallum, McLagan, Perth, Dull, Lanark, Airdrie, Campbeltown, Saddell, Kessington, Cochno, Milngavie, Rutherglen, Kilsyth, Dundee, Killin, Ferryport-on-Craig, Kirkintilloch, Ohio, New York, Inverness-shire, Blair Atholl, Mathie

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 25 May 13 22:33 BST (UK) »
Perhaps she was already married and widowed/divorced when she married George.

Offline loobylooayr

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 28 May 13 00:39 BST (UK) »
Hiya,

I wondered if the name was George Dingwall ?  The capital D just not being joined together ???

And on a quick check on Scotlands People - there is a marriage between a George Dingwall and Christina Campbell during 1923 in Cathcart, Glasgow. Sorry, I've no credits to check out any further details.

Good luck with your research :)

Looby

Offline TropiConsul

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 28 May 13 00:50 BST (UK) »
Wow, Looby.  You are so resourceful!  I will have to check that one out. 

Offline TropiConsul

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 28 May 13 02:03 BST (UK) »
Everything fits except for the fact that she took a decade off of her age.  She is not a spinster of 26, but a woman of 36 and the same age as the groom.  Not even my grandmother, the diva of Broadway song and stage, attempted so  much!  My records show Christina was the daughter of Daniel Campbell (younger brother of my great-grandfather) and Janet Gray.

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 28 May 13 17:40 BST (UK) »
Everything fits except for the fact that she took a decade off of her age.
It's possible, my g.gran took 13 years of her age when she got together with g.grandfather.  He wasn't fooled - unless he found her birth certificate after her death - as he registered her death quoting her actual age.

Lizzie