Author Topic: Golden Arrow travel from London Victoria 1946  (Read 4603 times)

Offline Oscarreal

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Golden Arrow travel from London Victoria 1946
« on: Tuesday 28 May 13 09:46 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

Can anyone tell me how to search train travel records, I am looking for a Immaculata Suddery (Maiden name Frezza) who travelled from London Victoria to Italy, with Gloria Suddery her daughter who was 10 months old at the time in 1946. We believe they travelled to the coast, Dover to take the boat and travelled onto Italy, not sure how they got there though. Immaculata came back a month later without her daughter, travel details unknown, but she did come back to London. Gloria Suddery travelled back between 1 year- 18 months later, but who with is unknown.

Thks,

Oscarreal.

Offline t mo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Golden Arrow travel from London Victoria 1946
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 09 July 13 15:18 BST (UK) »
hi there
just to try and kick start your post , as far as I,m aware there are no train travel records for passengers , I,ve just looked at ship passenger records and can,t find either an immaculate or Gloria suddery in the outgoing or incoming records by sea , so possibly it means a channel hop from Britain to the continent and then perhaps train travel across Europe both ways , I did also do a google search for immaculate and 2 sites come up looking for info on her are these your other attempts looking for info ?.
yours
trevor
morters-cambs-norfolk   clements london    copas newington
went colchester essex    goodey essex -suffolk

Offline Oscarreal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 09 July 13 21:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Trevor, hopes its OK to call you Trevor, thks for your reply and thks for searching details for me. All that I was told they travelled to Italy possibly Sora in Frosinone. They left London by the Golden Arrow travel Train, other than that nothing else is know. Your right the other posts regarding the Frezza family IE Giatano Frezza (great uncle) that you have read are mine. He is another mystery, as I cant find a death for him, its quite possible he changed his name to George and his last name from Frezza to Fraser as did Immaculata on Gloria's birth certificate shows....very confusing! and still no nearer in my search,

Thks again,

Oscar

Offline t mo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 10 July 13 09:37 BST (UK) »
hi Oscar
feel free to call me trevor we don,t stand on ceremony here on rootschat , I,ve just done a google search on the golden arrow history which makes interesting reading by the way [ something I should have done yesterday ] now as I said if your sure they went by that route then as it,s only a cross channel trip no passenger records will show up , I also googled golden arrow boat train passenger records but nothing jumps out so don,t think we,ll get any joy there , the passport records on find my past don,t go up as far as the 1940,s so that,s out as well , have also had a quick look in death records for a georger fraser/frazer and although a good few come up I,d need some idea of the area he was living in and also a year have you any more info on the whole family .
yours
trevor

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 10 July 13 16:11 BST (UK) »
I think your best chance would be to find entry records into France, There would certainly be no records of people who travelled by train in the UK then or I believe at anytime.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline Oscarreal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 10 July 13 23:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Redrodger, thks for your feedback, that gives me another angle to look at,

Cheers,

Oscarreal.

Offline Oscarreal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 11 July 13 00:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Trevor, thks for your prompt response sorry for the late reply. I will try to make this brief and give you a picture of my searching.

Luigi Frezza and Domenica Di Marco (my great grandparents) married October 1907 in Picinisco, Italy, they had four children, he died in a Rome hospital (already dead on Immaculata's marriage cert 1939.

Nancy Frezza (great auntie) born 1908, I think in Italy as no birth details here, Got her marriage details to Barretta died 1992, buried in St Pancras, London.
Giatano Frezza (great uncle) born 1910,Edinburgh Scotland details been found,was a bookmakers runner but cant find criminal records for this. Possible change of name George/Guido Fraser, believe he lived in London in rest of his family- he may have moved abroad or had to sign up to do his country service. Had a child,(out of marriage) details unknown
Immaculata Frezza (grandmother) born 1912 Edinburgh, Scotland, have her marriage details to Suddery, divorce details and remarried details to Lowit and died 1982, She changed her name to Margaret Fraser on one of her child's birth cert.
Gloria Frezza(great auntie)born 1914 Edinburgh, Scotland no marriage for her although a Polini on her death cert 1967. She supposedly had two children who went to America with their father, no other details though. I have been told that she was a 'Lady of the night' that might explain her living in rented accommodation and hotels as shown on the electoral roll.

Sorry if you have fallen asleep Trevor, but I didn't want to cut any corners, but Gloria Frezza and Giatano Frezza's lack of back ground is making it difficult to move forward,

Kind regards,

Oscarreal.

Offline t mo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 13 July 13 12:36 BST (UK) »
hi oscarreal
I,ve had a look at different aspects of your last post but can,t find a way in to help I,m afraid, it looks like there are to many variables , different surnames Christian names and such the only thing I can say that may help is that the national archives have records on naturalization and such which may be a way in for you but obviously means going there or using a researcher which could cost money without actually finding anything , all I can do is wish you all the best with your searching as I know how frustrating it can be to find someone when they don,t leave any sort of trail .
yours
trevor

Offline Oscarreal

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 13 July 13 21:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Trevor, thanks again for another quick response and thanks for taking the time to have a search for me, much appreciated. Your right it's frustrating as it's not so many generations back either, maybe I should just accept that I can't find the whereabouts of Giatano Frezza (marrage/death) and his illegitimate child. Or whether Gloria Frezza ever married the chap on her death cert, (Polini) if indeed she did have two children and they went to U.S.A. with their father. (as there is no indication of them on her head stone).

Oh well back to the drawing board for me, been searching since 1996 so a few more years and I might have a result!!! Ha Ha!! :)

Cheers again Trevor,

Kind regards,

Oscar. :)