Author Topic: 1841Census Strudwick  (Read 4088 times)

Offline jann

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1841Census Strudwick
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 30 May 13 13:10 BST (UK) »

Hi,

Patrish, the two boys are baseborn.  I haven't gotten back to Hannah's birth because of the uncertainty about her last name.

Rosie, the wedding in Rudgwick is interesting.  Hannah Strudwick married Richard Chittey in 1781.  The two boys would have been @4 years old at the time  Hannah was of East Clandon when she married.  She might have left the boys in Rudgwick to be raised by others - possibly her parents???
I'll check for children born to John and Sarah to see if I can track a move to Ripley.

Jann

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 30 May 13 22:46 BST (UK) »
In every search that I have done if a child is listed as baseborn they are  illegitimate, so from that I would assume that Strudwick is her given family surname.
this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 30 May 13 23:04 BST (UK) »
From Ancestry,  Surrey baptism.s  1538 -1812 there is this entry

Hannah Strudwick baptised 30th of August, 1746 Witley, All Saints, father James Strudwick
this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley