Author Topic: Netherlands to the UK, How did they do it?  (Read 1609 times)

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad,20/10/1934 - 27/07/2016
    • View Profile
Re: Netherlands to the UK, How did they do it?
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 01 June 13 10:16 BST (UK) »
Hi leen, Thankyou for the information regarding the local history center in Helden, I will email them to see if they can help in my quest, I also found that my Grandfather has a personnel file at the Netherlands Institute Of Military History so I will try to make contact with them also as this may give me an insight into his Naval career, the Family Search information is also greatfully accepted, Thanks again for that.
Have a great day and my very best regards always,
Frank
Ramsey Ridsdale Ridgway Kempen Knight Harrison Denby Sisson Graney Spilsbury Wain Hebden Abbott Skinn ........ Yorkshire (Doncaster Goole Snaith Thorne area)Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire The Netherlands

Online ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 01 June 13 10:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Jess
You may also want to look on ancestry ,someone has put quite a detailed family tree on there and you may want to get in touch,it goes back to the 1740's
Gerardus Hendrikus Kempen born 23.3.1878 Maasbree ,Limberg s of Henricus Kempen and Maria Gertruij Baeten married to a Hendrina Verheyen 30.1.1903.They came to Yorkshire and I do think it's the same bloke.
Ciderdrinker

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 01 June 13 11:20 BST (UK) »
Hi ciderdrinker, Yes the tree is mine, I am now in the process of "Putting meat on the bones" so to speak. :)
Many thanks for the reply tho'
Frank.
Ramsey Ridsdale Ridgway Kempen Knight Harrison Denby Sisson Graney Spilsbury Wain Hebden Abbott Skinn ........ Yorkshire (Doncaster Goole Snaith Thorne area)Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire The Netherlands

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 01 June 13 15:16 BST (UK) »
Hi leen, just to let you know that I have emailed the local history center in Helden and am awaiting there response.
Regards,Frank.

Offline leen

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 01 June 13 21:25 BST (UK) »

I hope you get an answer Frank.
Otherwise, you can send an email to the archives of the municipality Peel en Maas (Helden and Maasbree are boroughs of it) But it's quite expensive: 22,40 euro per quarter hour research work and 0,75 cents per A4 photocopy.

website Peel en Maas and email  http://www.peelenmaas.eu/index.php?mediumid=35&pagid=2311

Groetjes
Leen
Barnes  -  Bezzell  -  O'Farell  -  Smith - Pluquet
Belgium - France - Calcutta  -  Essex  -  Exeter  -  Harlesden  -  Newcastle Upon Tyne  -  Tavistock  -  Willesden

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 04 June 13 12:25 BST (UK) »
Hello leen, just to keep the thread up to date, I have had a reply back from the local history society in Helden and they have passed it onto someone to have a look at and they will then be back in touch with me.
Regards always,
Frank.