Author Topic: Keeny/Leddy Family  (Read 5284 times)

Offline Highland one

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Keeny/Leddy Family
« on: Friday 31 May 13 15:39 BST (UK) »
Hello, i was wondering are there any Descendants of my Grandmother Josephine Leddy( Married name .. Keeney )   she married Laurence Keeney around the early 1920s , she may have come from County Cavan as i've searched the Irish Census 1901 & 1911 & there seemed to be several Leddys in that area at that time .

Offline Highland one

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Keeney's
« Reply #1 on: Friday 31 May 13 17:40 BST (UK) »
Does anyone remember the Keeney family ? they once lived in a farm house on Clara Road .. Brothers & Sisters ... Monica , Charlotte , Paddy & Larry .. Monica & Charlotte moved to London in the 1940s . Paddy & Larry remained in Ireland & were Farmers .. They have all passed on but if anyone knew of them it would be lovely to learn more as they were family i never got to know apart from Monica who was my mother

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Keeny/Leddy Family
« Reply #2 on: Friday 31 May 13 17:47 BST (UK) »
Hello, i was wondering are there any Descendants of my Grandmother Josephine Leddy( Married name .. Keeney )   she married Laurence Keeney around the early 1920s , she may have come from County Cavan ....

the place to start the search for more details on Josephine  and Laurence would be with their marriage cert, as that should show details of their fathers. Could help narrow down the correct families on the census returns.

see : Introduction to Irish Records

Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 01 June 13 16:43 BST (UK) »
any of them born before 1911? if so year of birth would be a help for census search.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 01 June 13 17:36 BST (UK) »
at '' Interment.Net '' click on republic of ireland ,Saint Colmcille Churchyard,Durrow co Offally. some Keeney's buried there which relate to some on the 1901/1911 census all similar names but of an earlier generation.

Offline Highland one

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 02 June 13 19:58 BST (UK) »
Thankyou Shanew & Dathai , i'm afraid i dont have birth details of my grandparents i can only make a rough guess ,
I visited  Tullamore in 2011 & yes the Keeneys who are buried in Durrow Cemetery are indeed my family .
I was born & raised in Scotland with a foster family & didnt know about my Irish roots until i grew up , I met my mum whilst in my 20s ( My Father who was Scottish  died in 1961,   my mother was then admitted to  a Psychiatric care home in Stirling , Scotland ) Having the internet has been wonderful  for family research , ive learnt loads about my Scottish side of the family & hope to find out more about my Irish relatives