Author Topic: Can Rootschat members help? - Lost Teddy Bear 'Seeks' Owner  (Read 123328 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Can Rootschat members help? - Lost Teddy Bear 'Seeks' Owner
« Reply #162 on: Wednesday 05 June 13 17:10 BST (UK) »
Well I've had no luck finding a matching tree but found possible Parents Nicholas James & Florence Edith Baker in 1911 with 10 month old son Kenneth George.

Nicholas James Baker...as earlier mentioned by Sam Swift he died on 15th August 1918....Did he ever get the photo?  :-\

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: Wednesday 05 June 13 17:24 BST (UK) »
Just found a death for Kenneth George Baker 1913 aged 2 yrs in Abergavenny...same place they were living in 1911....is this the baby in the locket?
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline millymcb

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: Wednesday 05 June 13 17:28 BST (UK) »
How about this family........

Nicholas GLYN Baker, died Newport Sept 1986, vol 28, page 395........date of birth 4th Oct 1916 (This date of birth ties in with the birthday of the baby, being 1 year and 5 months old at the time the photo was taken on 4th March 1918)

Nicholas GLYN Baker, born OND qtr 1916, Abergavenny, Monmouthshire, vol 11a, page 82. Mothers name Willey.

Dora E Baker, born June qtr 1914, Abergavenny, Monmouthshire, Vol 11a, Page 108.           Mothers maiden name Willey.
 :)

Having said that I'm not at all sure it's the same bear  ::)  So it probably is an advertising campaign but on the other hand the photo's genuine and these are possibly the children.

The names and years are a good match but in my opinion reading the inscription I think one of the children needs to have been born march 4th (with the 1yr 5 months relating to something else)
McBride (Monaghan, Manchester), Derbyshire (Bollington,Cheshire), Knight (Newcastle,Staffs), Smith (Chorley, Lancs & Ireland), Tipladay (Manchester & Yorkshire) ,Steadman (Madeley,Shropshire), Steele (Manchester,Glasgow), Parkinson (Wigan, Lancashire), Lovatt, Cornes & Turner (Staffs) Stott (Oldham, Lancs). All ended up Ardwick, Manchester
Census info is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Sprutorch9

• RootsChat Extra
  • Elizabeth, Sarah, & Catherine Dunwoody
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: Wednesday 05 June 13 18:10 BST (UK) »
Quote from: claire.t on Today at 08:03:13
How uncanny that in the last two weeks BRISTOL Hippodrome have been advertising their new show

"DORA the Explorer" ~ Dora has lost her TEDDY BEAR Osito, and the search is on to find him!

Quote from: Sami on Today at 08:55:20
Hmmmmm.......anybody else out there starting to wonder if its just part of a well crafted advertising campaign?

I was wondering the same thing late last night as I finally decided to turn off the computer.
To see this new information today it seems too much of a coincidence.
If true, it would certainly be a bitter disappointment to all who have worked so hard and would now think twice about offering to spend valuable time to research in the future.
DUNWOODY: Antrim/Down Ireland; New Jersey/Ohio, USA.
WINDREM: Antrim/Down Ireland; New Jersey, USA.
MCGRILLAN: Antrim/Down Ireland
MCCARTHY: Antrim/Down Ireland

Offline Emjaybee

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Yer I be again
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: Wednesday 05 June 13 18:28 BST (UK) »
Why would they leave a photo?

MJB
Beard Voyce, Scrivens in Worcestershire

Offline bugle boy

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • live and let live
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: Wednesday 05 June 13 18:28 BST (UK) »
has any one checked any of the other genealogy sites to see if they are carrying anything similar to our wee  mystery?now that someone has mentioned that it may be a publicity stunt by B/A?
Adams,McKittrick. Co Down. N Ireland.

Offline Jane Masri

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My back garden
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: Wednesday 05 June 13 18:31 BST (UK) »
Just recapping here;
Nicholas James Baker died 15/8/1918 at Baghdad.  Married Florence Edith Baker Q2 1908, Pontypridd.  This ties in with the probate calendar entry.
Children;
Kenneth George Q1 1910 Abergavenny Died 1913.
Dora E Q2 1914 Abergavenny
Nicholas Glyn Q4 1916 Abergavenny

The ages of the two children in the photo seem to fit with this family, 4 for the little girl & about 2 for, what now might be a boy...Nicholas Glyn.  Probably called him Glyn to differentiate between father & son.
In this context the writing on the postcard makes a little more sense, 'With dearest love & kisses to our darling Daddie from your loving daughter & Sonnie.  Signed Dora & Glyn'.
Dora being the 4 year old daughter & Sonnie the bear????

Speculation I know  :)

Jane
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Researching BRABY/BRAVERY in SURREY and SUSSEX

PLEASE use the look-up requests page not a personal message.

Offline Jane Masri

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My back garden
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: Wednesday 05 June 13 18:35 BST (UK) »
No, I don't think this is a publicity stunt, Trystan has been in touch with the lady dealing with it at Bristol airport.  They would lose a lot of credability if it was & I can think of better ways of publicising the airport  :)

Jane
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Researching BRABY/BRAVERY in SURREY and SUSSEX

PLEASE use the look-up requests page not a personal message.

Offline Erato

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Old Powder House, 1703
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: Wednesday 05 June 13 18:42 BST (UK) »
"DORA the Explorer" ~ Dora has lost her TEDDY BEAR Osito, and the search is on to find him!"

It's just a bit too coincidental, I think.  So, is the airport part of the scam or has it been taken advantage of?
Wiltshire:  Banks, Taylor
Somerset:  Duddridge, Richards, Barnard, Pillinger
Gloucestershire:  Barnard, Marsh, Crossman
Bristol:  Banks, Duddridge, Barnard
Down:  Ennis, McGee
Wicklow:  Chapman, Pepper
Wigtownshire:  Logan, Conning
Wisconsin:  Ennis, Chapman, Logan, Ware
Maine:  Ware, Mitchell, Tarr, Davis