Author Topic: Ossie MULLINS 1905-1994  (Read 2143 times)

Offline cedricdedric

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Ossie MULLINS 1905-1994
« on: Friday 10 June 05 22:52 BST (UK) »
Mullins, Victor Oswald
b. 23 Nov 1905 Dowlais, Merthyr Tydfil, Wales, UK
Emigrated approx 1930, schoolteacher.
SS No. 097-14-5350 Issued in New York
d. 25 Feb 1994
Last Residence:
23226 Richmond, Henrico, VA.

That is all I have, would like to fill in the 64 year gap,
Regards,
Cedric.
Giles, Sillett, Ramsey, Ixer, Ruffles (Suffolk)
Fraser, McDonald, McGregor (Nairn, Inverness)
Young, New, Coomber (Portsea Island, Portsmouth)
Watmore (Rotherwick, Hartley Wintney, Miserden, Glos.)

Offline nutkin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My reason for digging! Two nutkins!
    • View Profile
Re: Ossie MULLINS 1906-1994
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 21 June 05 02:48 BST (UK) »
Order his social security death record from the Social Security Administration.  Would tell you the last place he worked. 

Also, try some city directories that could tell you where he may have moved around.

Have you ordered his naturalization record?  These are very detailed in the 1930's and 1940's.  This could fill in a lot of details.  You would need to find out the county he was living and ask the clerk for a copy of the record.

He probably missed the 1930 census in the US and that is the last census that has been released.

Have you tried to find his marriage record?  Did he marry in the US?  This could tell occupation and residency.
George William Burke.. my missing link!! son of Wm Burke & Mary Jane Stone/Morris
Shields & Milner- Patrington  & Bilton, Yorkshire<br />Nixon & Bowers - Appleby, Broughton & Messingham, Lincolnshire<br />Hancock &Tyson- Tetford, Skendleby & Spilsby, Lincolnshire<br />Cochrane- Darvel, Loudon, Ayrshire<br />Yuill, Hardie- Paisley, Renfrewshire<br />Kennedy, Gardener & Clelland- Glasgow, Lanarkshire & Paisley, Renfrewshire<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchive

Offline cedricdedric

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 21 June 05 03:37 BST (UK) »
Have d/loaded application to Social Security Administration, charge is $25, would they accept cheque from UK?
He ended up in VA but lord knows where he was earlier...
Thanks for your input & suggestions,
Cedric.
Giles, Sillett, Ramsey, Ixer, Ruffles (Suffolk)
Fraser, McDonald, McGregor (Nairn, Inverness)
Young, New, Coomber (Portsea Island, Portsmouth)
Watmore (Rotherwick, Hartley Wintney, Miserden, Glos.)

Offline nutkin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My reason for digging! Two nutkins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 21 June 05 12:40 BST (UK) »
I dobt they would accept a uk check.  Here is the website.  http://www.ssa.gov/

Ask what forms of payment they may take.
George William Burke.. my missing link!! son of Wm Burke & Mary Jane Stone/Morris
Shields & Milner- Patrington  & Bilton, Yorkshire<br />Nixon & Bowers - Appleby, Broughton & Messingham, Lincolnshire<br />Hancock &Tyson- Tetford, Skendleby & Spilsby, Lincolnshire<br />Cochrane- Darvel, Loudon, Ayrshire<br />Yuill, Hardie- Paisley, Renfrewshire<br />Kennedy, Gardener & Clelland- Glasgow, Lanarkshire & Paisley, Renfrewshire<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchive