Author Topic: Pat(t)erson/Mulligan/Gunn/Cullen (Lanark, Scot) Emigrated to Canada aft. 1901  (Read 7072 times)

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: Pat(t)erson/Mulligan/Gunn/Cullen (Lanark, Scot) Emigrated to Canada aft. 1901
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 13 May 15 07:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Janine,

Great to hear from you.

Sarah was a half-sister of my g grandmother Rose Ann Cullen so we share my gg grandmother  (your g grandmother) Rose Ann Cullen (mother of Rose Ann & Sarah) ;D

I will be able to help on that line but you need to make 3 posts before I can private message (PM) you.

Will post some more tonight.

Anne Marie.
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: Pat(t)erson/Mulligan/Gunn/Cullen (Lanark, Scot) Emigrated to Canada aft. 1901
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 13 May 15 22:35 BST (UK) »
Rose Ann Cullen (mother of my Rose Ann & Sarah) was never married to John McCluskey (various spellings) or Thomas Gunn (fathers of her 6 kids)

She had 2 with John........Rose Ann (my g grandmother) & John (both Cullen)

She had 4 with Thomas.........Thomas, Mary, Agnes & Sarah

I have only researched Sarah's whereabouts to date from the 4 to Thomas.

I had read my g grandmother's obituary & it mentioned her as sister of Mrs Robert Paterson  ???
which was more than a surprise to me  :o

That was when I went all out to find out about her sibling  :P

Anne Marie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 14 May 15 23:31 BST (UK) »
Janine,

Rose Ann married Angus MacKinnon & had 11 of a family.
She emigrated to Canada as a widow after my g grandad died in 1918 & her son Joseph (my grandad) died in 1922
Her family emigrated too apart from a son William who lived in England, UK.

You are my half 2nd cousin with 1 remove  ;D

The remove is in regard to a generation gap.

Anne Marie

Offline Riff1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 11 June 15 17:24 BST (UK) »
wow, so interesting . I grew up next door to Rose Deans ( her mother was Annie and I think she was one of Rose Ann's children)

I am interested in what you know about Thomas Gunn

Offline Riff1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 11 June 15 17:25 BST (UK) »
Also I am wondering about my grandmother's brother Thomas and Agnes her sister . Do you know any information on them?

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 12 June 15 00:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Janine,

Sage, Sandra & JJen have posted a lot of good info. here on your line which is fantastic.

I haven't researched Thomas who I last noted in 1898 as informant on my gg grandmother Rose Ann's death cert.

Agnes though, sadly died 16 Dec 1894 aged 11 yrs & her mum (my gg grandmother) Rose Ann was informant :-(

Rose Marie's mother Annie was indeed a daughter of my g grandmother Rose Ann (half sis of Sarah) who married Angus MacKinnon.

I will send you a PM over the weekend with what I have.

Anne Marie.

ADDED...............Thomas Gunn, father of Sarah died 15 Feb 1897 in Motherwell, Lanark, Scotland