Author Topic: Laurence Byrne/ Anne O'Leary  (Read 1676 times)

Offline playtime136

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Laurence Byrne/ Anne O'Leary
« on: Friday 07 June 13 07:53 BST (UK) »
I have received from G R O a photocopy of the above marriage on 07/08/1888 Kiltealy church Registration District of Killann, in the past I have found their siblings including my grandfather Michael John Byrne b. 02/06/1889 Sydney Australia. Have also looked at Family Search.org, Ancestry.com for information on their death but could make a connection for them, is there any other avenue available to research this information.
Michael Madden
Byrne, Madden, Murphy

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Laurence Byrne/ Anne O'Leary
« Reply #1 on: Friday 07 June 13 07:59 BST (UK) »
The Irish BMD Index is on FamilySearch, and covers up to 1958 for the south of Ireland. You have to order the certs to see the full details, but not that much information is included on death certs so not always easy, particularly with common surnames, to confirm if they relate to the correct person or not. Possible clues from the cert that can help would include the occupation, age and exact place of death (i.e. townland) of the deceased, and sometimes the name and address of the informant.

see : Details included on a Death Cert
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests