Author Topic: help with identifying a fire service photo  (Read 424 times)

Offline irondeb

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
help with identifying a fire service photo
« on: Sunday 09 June 13 12:27 BST (UK) »
I have a photo, apparently of my great grandfather's death procession.  I say apparently because it is a fire service procession and I have not found any evidence my great grandfather was in the fire service - his death certificate states he was a cab driver.   

My great grandfather was John James Holdsworth Peters (sometimes Holdsworth was included, sometimes not as that was his step father's name).  He was born in 1869 in Reigate, and died 1915 in Nutley Lane, Reigate.  From census information I don't think he ever left the area. If anyone can advise of an organisation that might be able to help, that would be great.  I tried attaching a photo but have been told it is too large (?)

Offline shanghaipanda

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: help with identifying a fire service photo
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 09 June 13 14:22 BST (UK) »
I wondered whether your GGF may have been a volunteer with the fire brigade - with the date of death of 1915, just into WW1. 

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 09 June 13 14:29 BST (UK) »
Hello Irondeb and welcome to Rootschat...here is a link for resizing images for posting:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,372537.0.html

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline irondeb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 09 June 13 19:32 BST (UK) »
I wouldn't have thought it likely he'd get a procession if he was a volunteer though? He was 45 at death