Author Topic: Problem With Notifications  (Read 2549 times)

Offline Half Pint

• RootsChat Veteran
  • my wonderful mum and dad here in Leicester
    • View Profile
Problem With Notifications
« on: Wednesday 12 June 13 17:29 BST (UK) »
Hi

Since I first started using Rootschat I have had the same problem and it is driving me ----.

I enable "notifications" on all the county boards that I'm interested in but over a few weeks they all seem to disable themselves without any help from me, so I have to go in and manually disable and enable again, ie I have just done this in the last 10 minutes.

It isn't caused by me not going into the messages as I go into every one that I'm made aware of by email nor is it because new messages haven't been added to the appropriate board.

I do hope sks can help me.

Regards

Half Pint

Beds: Chapman, Norris, Nicholls
Cul:  Bone, Casson, Cuppage, Ellwood, Harrington, Harrison, Huddleston, Mawson, McAvoy, Rooney, Sherwen, Singleton, Stephenson, Taylor, Tunstall, Tyson, Wedgwood, Whitehead, Woodall
Herts:  Chapman, Merridan, Seymour
Ire:  Macken, McAvoy, Rooney
Lancs:  Casson, Dixon, Huddleston, Hunter, Muschamp, Skirrow Stephenson, Tyson
Staffs:  Burslem, Tunstall, Wedgwood
Yorks:  Harrison, Lund, Roberts, Swire

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
Re: Problem With Notifications
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 16 July 13 10:56 BST (UK) »
Hiya Half Pint.

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with the board notifications.

I'm interested to know, when you stop receiving the notifications for various boards, are those boards sill showing under the "Current Board Email Notifications"?

If you notice the option right at the top:
 "For topics and boards I've requested email notifications on, notify me: Instantly - but only for the first unread reply"

If you use the drop-down box for that option then you'll get notifications coming in thick and fast.

I think the reason why you are not getting notifications is because you've not then visited a board where you've received the notification, so you don't get another one, but only for the first unread reply.

If you'd like to search and keep track of RootsChat whilst you are on other web pages too, you can use the RootsChat Toolbar.

All the best,
Trystan
RootsChat Caretaker

Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.