Author Topic: TURNER/MARSHALL Boston area?  (Read 817 times)

Offline AngelFish

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
TURNER/MARSHALL Boston area?
« on: Thursday 20 June 13 09:32 BST (UK) »
I have a photograph of a mother and child 'From Gertie and Alan, Boston'. The only people I can find in my extended family that it could be are:

Allan (or Alan) Charles TURNER 1917-1944, son of George William and Gertrude FRESHNEY.
He married Emily Evelyn MARSHALL in Boston district 1939 and from the birth registers I think they had three children, born 1940, 1943 and 1944.

My trouble is that using the BMD registers I haven't been able to find out what happened to Emily or the children. Can anyone help me with info or suggestions please? (Without mentioning details of potentially living people please?)

The children all had middle initial A but I don't know what it stands for.

Thank you. Claire
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: TURNER/MARSHALL Boston area?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 20 June 13 10:42 BST (UK) »
There is a possible remarriage for Emily to a Clark in Boston 1950.

A female with the name of Emily's child born 1940 married in 1959 to a Denton in Lambeth (her Christian name being quite distinctive).

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline JaneyCanuck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Famous Five take tea on Parliament Hill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 25 June 13 22:20 BST (UK) »
When you are searching for a distinctive name, you may have luck at www.192.com

I find the easiest way to get the most info there (without paying) is to google the name like this:

"Jane J Jones" 192.com

In your case, you get a return that says

"We have found 3 people in the UK with the name ..."

In fact it is one person in different years. That tells you where to be looking, which you can do here:

http://www.thephonebook.bt.com/publisha.content/en/search/residential/search.publisha

but in this case there is no matching result. But google found one. I'll PM you the info. ;)
HILL, HOARE, BOND, SIBLY, Cornwall (Devon); DENNIS, PAGE, WHITBREAD, Essex; BARNARD, CASTLE, PONTON, Wiltshire; SANKEY, HORNE, YOUNG, Kent; COWDELL, Bermondsey; COOPER, SMITH, FALLOWELL, WILLEY, Notts; CAMPION, CARTER, CRADDOCK, KENNY, Northants; LITTLER, CORNER, Leicestershire; RUSHLAND, Lincolnshire; MORRISON, Ireland; COLLINS, ?; ... MONCK?

Offline AngelFish

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
COMPLETED WITH THANKS Re: TURNER/MARSHALL Boston area?
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 25 June 13 23:04 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your help!
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline JaneyCanuck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Famous Five take tea on Parliament Hill
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 25 June 13 23:16 BST (UK) »
And thanks for your PM -- yup, two heads are sometimes useful. ;)
HILL, HOARE, BOND, SIBLY, Cornwall (Devon); DENNIS, PAGE, WHITBREAD, Essex; BARNARD, CASTLE, PONTON, Wiltshire; SANKEY, HORNE, YOUNG, Kent; COWDELL, Bermondsey; COOPER, SMITH, FALLOWELL, WILLEY, Notts; CAMPION, CARTER, CRADDOCK, KENNY, Northants; LITTLER, CORNER, Leicestershire; RUSHLAND, Lincolnshire; MORRISON, Ireland; COLLINS, ?; ... MONCK?