Author Topic: Birth or Death of John Henry Boles 1876 Lisnaskea, Fermanagh  (Read 8685 times)

Offline Spearmint

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Birth or Death of John Henry Boles 1876 Lisnaskea, Fermanagh
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 20 June 13 20:11 BST (UK) »
May I ask where you found this out?

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 20 June 13 20:21 BST (UK) »
I see she "re-married" as Lea - not Boles which is probably a good indication she never married John Boles.  He may not even have been deceased in 1911 which is why no death can be found.
EDIT - see reply below - she married as Bolas

Possibility that Annie may be the 1881 entry for Annie Lea b 1872 Appleton Cheshire - parents Peter and Ann.  Does the 1914 marriage cert confirm that?

So - unfortunately all you have is he was John Boles born Ireland approx 1876.   No info as to the county of his birth and because there was no marriage - we don't have a fathers name

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 20 June 13 20:24 BST (UK) »
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Spearmint

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 20 June 13 20:34 BST (UK) »
Looking at marriage cert now: she got married as Annie Bolas not Boles and she is annie Lea of Appleton Cheshire. You have found my problem. He seemingly vanished and did Annie alter one letter of last name to spite or hide something else? ???

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 20 June 13 22:36 BST (UK) »
Was her father called Peter on the marriage cert?  LancashireBMD show her as Bolas formerly Lee

Son Clarence also married as Bolas on 23.7.1921 to Annie Murray

Geoffrey also married as Bolas in 1920 to Thurza Winterton.  Geoffrey's birth was registered as Jeffery

Offline Spearmint

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 20 June 13 22:53 BST (UK) »
Yes, yes and yes...

Offline Spearmint

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 22 June 13 10:54 BST (UK) »
Carole, you can see I am really up against it. Family rumour was that John Boles abandoned the wife and kids and vanished leaving Annie and two boys on their own in pre ww1 Manchester. Maybe he started another family elsewhere or returned home to Ireland or even found  the money to go to USA. I have no idea.  ???

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 22 June 13 13:31 BST (UK) »
I doubt they ever married in which case it will make it more difficult to find info about him.  he only appears on one census - 1901 - so apart from his name, birthyear and the fact he was born in Ireland - that's as much as we know.

As far as I am aware - there is no documentary evidence that he had the middle name of Henry and nothing to show he was born in Fermanagh.  Is that correct?

The 1911 index shows a 36yr old John Boles b Ireland living in Stockport Cheshire.  Have you viewed that entry?

There is also this death on freebmd
John Boles aged 73 b 1875 - September qtr 1948 Salford   10F 396

Offline Spearmint

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 22 June 13 17:27 BST (UK) »
It seems that all I know about him is from 1901 census. The john henry is a hunch based on it's what his first born son called his first born son. Long shot, I know but am clutching at staws to say the least. I have the death cert of: John Boles aged 73 b 1875 - September qtr 1948 Salford   10F 396.

And it looked inconclusive: his widow is listed as A. Boles. Not even sure if Annie was alive in 1948 and she'd have been Mrs Whiting anyway; unless he died and John Boles came back on the scene. Not sure where to look next. Hence you can see why I was plucking this John Henry Boles from obscurity in the vain hope he was my Great Grandfather...